Question about the remote proctoring

Dena

Jan 7, 2022, 11:29:01 AM1/7/22
to SCU PLSO CIPP Study Group
Hey, I might be overthinking this, but: for anybody who has already taken this exam with the remote (from home) proctoring, does the room I'm in have to be completely cleared out of stuff like books? I have a bookshelf that I'd rather not empty out but I also don't want to risk getting flagged for anything. Thanks ahead!

Rachel Wanjiru

Jan 7, 2022, 12:18:58 PM1/7/22
to Dena, SCU PLSO CIPP Study Group
Hi,

I did the exam last week ( lol and failed).

They say you shouldn’t have books or electronics near you like on the desk so I don’t think the bookshelf would be an issue… even a wrist watch wasn’t permitted. But the proctor will ask you to take pictures and they also ask you to give a 360 degree view of the room.

My only disappointment with the proctoring was I was logged off maybe 6 times during the exam when he was unsettling and distracting but the benefit is you don’t need to leave the house 😊.

Good luck with your exam.

Kind regards,
Rachel

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 11:29 AM Dena <dbmend...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey, I might be overthinking this, but: for anybody who has already taken this exam with the remote (from home) proctoring, does the room I'm in have to be completely cleared out of stuff like books? I have a bookshelf that I'd rather not empty out but I also don't want to risk getting flagged for anything. Thanks ahead!

Brian Laws

Jan 7, 2022, 12:21:04 PM1/7/22
to SCU PLSO CIPP Study Group
I haven't tried Pearson OnVUE (which I think is how the CIPP is proctored remotely), but I've done several with ProProctor for FINRA certifications and have never had an issue with books in the room.

As long as they're in the background and your work area/view is clear of any materials, I think you're probably okay.

Dena

Jan 7, 2022, 1:47:02 PM1/7/22
to SCU PLSO CIPP Study Group
Thanks everyone! Very much appreciate the quick replies :)
Wish me luck and have a great weekend