Data transformation before test using WarpPLS

Muhammad Aulia Ihza

Apr 15, 2024, 9:11:20 AMApr 15
to PLS-SEM
Dear Prof. Ned Kock
I have a question, can we use transformed data, like log or squareroot, before test it using warpPLS ? Because, i have to Exploratory Factor Analysis (EFA) before test the structural model, and my data need a transformation when doing EFA.. I hope you give some solutions sir..
Thank you..

Ned Kock

Apr 15, 2024, 9:13:56 AMApr 15
to PLS-SEM
Yes, you can use nonlinear transformations prior to analyses with WarpPLS. The software allows for strictly linear analyses, as well as nonlinear ones (even for individual paths), in case your theory suggests a particularly configuration.

Javanese Boy

Apr 16, 2024, 7:44:55 AMApr 16
to PLS-SEM
Thank you sir,
Is there any reference regarding this topic?
And also, Isn't that redundant considering that in WarpPLS there is a pre-processed data step?

Ned Kock

Apr 16, 2024, 7:46:12 AMApr 16
to PLS-SEM
Check: warppls.com. Many links to papers there. The pre-processing step is mostly to address missing data, via imputation.