Caching of compilation results during development

Ben McCann

Dec 10, 2013, 6:36:14 PM12/10/13
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Having compiled JS is awesome, but unfortunately it takes about 4-5 seconds longer to load each page regardless of whether the JS has changed since the last page load. Could plovr do something to cache compilation results? Or is this something I should consider building into my own app by watching the sources and outputting a compiled file to disk instead of loading via the plovr URL?

Thanks,
Ben

Michel Albert

Mar 27, 2014, 5:33:33 AM3/27/14
to pl...@googlegroups.com
This will not answer your question directly, but I assume you are using either "SIMPLE" or "ADVANCED" as compilation mode. Personally I use "RAW" during development. This will not really slow down your application. From time to time I test "ADVANCED" which you can easily activate temporarily by simply adding "mode=ADVANCED" in your URL query parameters. Just to see if things still work.

This has the added benefit of giving you debuggable and readable JS output. A godsend during development.

hth.