modules - endpoint is cached - have to restart server to pick up changes

Lindsey Simon

Aug 8, 2013, 3:33:01 PM8/8/13
to pl...@googlegroups.com
I have two modules in my project

one called "common" and one called "demo1"

I can hit both
and

but if I make changes in files that are only part of demo1, plovr doesn't recompile that module.
I have to restart to pickup the change.

Ideas?

Ilia Mirkin

Aug 8, 2013, 3:43:14 PM8/8/13
to pl...@googlegroups.com
You have to hit the /compile endpoint in order for a compilation to be
done. Take a look at the examples at
http://plovr.com/demo/modules.html . I know that the actual demo
server is down, but the html to "call" it is correct :)
> --
>
> ---

Lindsey Simon

Aug 8, 2013, 3:46:21 PM8/8/13
to plovr
Is there not a way to get each individual module then?
you still just do /compile?id=myid and get all the modules?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "plovr" group.

Ilia Mirkin

Aug 8, 2013, 3:47:35 PM8/8/13
to pl...@googlegroups.com
/compile just does a compilation and returns a little fragment of html
that will alert you to errors if the compilation failed. Then you pull
the actual modules with /module. There is no way to recompile just one
module -- the code that is one module a can depend on what code is in
module b.

Lindsey Simon

Aug 8, 2013, 3:50:54 PM8/8/13
to plovr
makes sense..
for dev purposes, would it make sense to do:

<script src="/compile?id=myid"></script>
<script src="/compile/module/myid/common"></script>
<script src="/compile/module/myid/demo1"></script>

(assume that there's going to be demo1-100 but I only want the page for demo1.html to load the js it needs.)

Also note that the demo1 module has common in its "deps"

Lindsey Simon

Aug 8, 2013, 3:51:18 PM8/8/13
to plovr
makes sense about compilation..

for dev purposes then, would it make sense to do:

<script src="/compile?id=myid"></script>
<script src="/compile/module/myid/common"></script>
<script src="/compile/module/myid/demo1"></script>

(assume that there's going to be demo1-100 but I only want the page for demo1.html to load the js it needs.)

Also note that the demo1 module has common in its "deps"

Lindsey Simon

Aug 8, 2013, 3:53:40 PM8/8/13
to plovr
On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Lindsey Simon <els...@gmail.com> wrote:
makes sense about compilation..

for dev purposes then, would it make sense to do:

<script src="/compile?id=myid"></script>

Uh, wait, of course this will load everything. So nevermind ;)

Ilia Mirkin

Aug 8, 2013, 3:55:17 PM8/8/13
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Play around with
https://github.com/bolinfest/plovr/tree/master/testdata/modules -- I
think you actually only need the compile -- that will serve up the
"main" module. Ideally it should determine what else needs loading
based on the url or whatever mechanism (and use
goog.module.ModuleLoader or so to do it). However if it doesn't, then
you need to specify which additional modules you want loaded by hand.