Lost connection using Stentura

Noelia

Dec 6, 2021, 7:50:33 PM12/6/21
to plove...@googlegroups.com
Hello:

Frequently my Stentura machine stops writing. I'd like to know if this
maybe related to Plover and how to fix it. This is a piece of the log.
I don't know if this canbe related to Plover itself or to the USB of
the computer.

***

2021-12-06 20:37:26,232 [Thread-17-machine] INFO: Failure starting Stentura
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "build/windist/data\Lib\site-packages\plover\machine\stentura.py",
line 669, in run
File "build/windist/data\Lib\site-packages\plover\machine\stentura.py",
line 639, in _loop
File "build/windist/data\Lib\site-packages\plover\machine\stentura.py",
line 583, in _read
File "build/windist/data\Lib\site-packages\plover\machine\stentura.py",
line 546, in _send_receive
plover.machine.stentura._ConnectionLostException
2021-12-06 20:44:14,408 [Dummy-1] INFO: setting machine: Stentura
2021-12-06 20:44:14,475 [Dummy-1] INFO: loaded 9 dictionaries in 0.001s

Thanks

Glen Warner

Dec 9, 2021, 1:15:46 AM12/9/21
to Plover
Hi.
Unfortunately, you didn't mention what operating system you were using, which version of Plover you're using, or what you were doing when this issue occurred.
While I don't pretend to speak for everyone, the data you provided might be good for one of the programmers, that's not the case for most folks.
You might try searching this group to see if anybody else has been having issues with the Stentura protocol and (hopefully) were able to fix whatever was wrong, and were kind enough to share what they did to do that.
Good luck!

Noelia Ruiz

Dec 9, 2021, 1:26:05 AM12/9/21
to plove...@googlegroups.com
Hello, thanks for your reply. I searched in this group, but I don"t find an answer for this specific issue. I didn"t provide enough info since I sent an email too quickly trying to find a quick answer for an urgent situation. I use Windows 10 and one of the latest releases of development versions of Plover. For any reason, connection is lost randomly while I"m typing. Yesterday it happened twice. Maybe a problem with the machine due to movements wwile typing. Luckily, the problem is solved just pressing control r in Plover to reconnect the machine.
I have look at the stentura.py file, and copyright reflects that it"s created at 2011, so maybe something related to the machine, but I don"t know. I"ll try to provide more info. I work for several platforms to send text via Internet: using Fab Subtitler for television via VPN; a platform created by my employer; and another platform created by other company, oriented to transcriptions (court reports). Hope this can be fixed. Kind regards and thanks for your interest

Enviado desde mi iPhone