Spelling from dictation

tran...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2022, 12:23:38 PM2/9/22
to Plover
Hi,
I've reviewed the dictionary format, but I can't quite figure out how I could set up a stroke to put me into a mode where the output is capitalized and individual letters are separated with "-". (Also how would I turn it off afterwards?)

I'm always having people spelling things in transcripts and that would be super-handy. So the output I'm looking for would be:

A-B-R-A-H-A-M L-I-N-C-O-L-N

Thanks for any suggestions!
Terry

Mirabai Knight

Feb 9, 2022, 12:34:38 PM2/9/22
to ploversteno
I believe you can use the plover-stitching plugin: https://pypi.org/project/plover-stitching/

Mirabai Knight, CRC, RDR
917 576 4989

tran...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2022, 7:56:25 PM2/9/22
to Plover
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl.

Glen Warner

Feb 9, 2022, 9:31:27 PM2/9/22
to Plover
Hmm. That's funny. Somehow I had forgotten I didn't have that plugin installed after that nasty hard drive crash a few weeks back, so when I tried to stitch a word, I (naturally) got an error.

Thanks for the reminder, Mirabai! (Y) (just pretend that's a Facebook "thumbs-up!")