Plover v4

lea mar

Apr 8, 2021, 3:16:35 PM4/8/21
to Plover
I have downloaded, and am using, version 4 and have made some progress.  I'm not getting nearly as much gibberish but have concluded the problem is that a lot of the briefs I use are not in the dictionary.  So with a little more work I think I will be able to write intelligently with my Stentura and Plover.  Thanks everyone for their suggestions!

Glen Warner

Apr 8, 2021, 7:10:33 PM4/8/21
to Plover
Hi, Leama.

On this end, I have four dictionaries:

An RTF version of my Phoenix Theory dictionary, which I do not modify

Another RTF dictionary called "Glenz_Fast," where any outlines I find on Facebook or wherever that do not conflict with anything in my main dictionary are stored

A .json dictionary that holds outlines that broke due to a bug I found a few months back which I shared in this thread, complete with screenshots:

I store all those dictionaries in a folder called "Glenz_Plover_Dictionaries," safely tucked away in my DropBox folder ... which basically means those dictionaries get backed up whenever I make a change.

Finally, if you have a few, I share a few dictionary formatting tips -- among other stuff -- in this one:

Sorry about the un-clickable links. Google apparently decided to "fix" the Google Groups, which means we can only use a few fonts and can't create clickable web addresses ... but you might be able to get around that by selecting a link, then right-click it and see if you can open it in another tab.

Hope that helps!

--gdw

lea mar

Apr 9, 2021, 8:23:17 AM4/9/21
to plove...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Glen.  I'm sure your information will help me at some point!