Plover for Android

John Sampson

Sep 21, 2019, 4:45:15 AM9/21/19
to Plover
Has there been any proposal to make an installation of Plover for Android?

Jeremy Bernhardt

Sep 21, 2019, 4:46:46 AM9/21/19
to Plover

John Sampson

Sep 24, 2019, 6:49:37 AM9/24/19
to plove...@googlegroups.com
I don't see any details. Can it be used with an external keyboard?

Jeremy Bernhardt

Sep 24, 2019, 6:50:51 AM9/24/19
to 'John Sampson' via Plover
Yup, I've managed to get it working with a Georgi and a Male to Male USB-C to MiniUSB cable. Didn't play with it too much however :(

sampso...@googlemail.com

Jan 27, 2021, 4:57:10 PM1/27/21
to Plover
I have installed Dotterel (I think) on Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 but cannot get the tablet to select it. This is probably a question about the tablet rather than the keyboard, but is there anything peculiar about Dotterel that needs to be attended to in order to make it appear?

sampso...@googlemail.com

Jan 28, 2021, 7:43:15 AM1/28/21
to Plover
More like something peculiar about the tablet. Now that I know it calls Dotterel "English" for reasons best known to itself I can run Dotterel.

sampso...@googlemail.com

Jan 30, 2021, 7:50:47 AM1/30/21
to Plover
Now I have obtained an on-the-go lead (with female USB-C socket) so I can connect a physical keyboard to the tablet. However, I have not been able to activate Dotterel for physical keyboard in the way that one can enable or disable Plover in Windows. I expect I need to know the spell but it is not evident.