Installing Palantype to work in Plover

sampso...@googlemail.com

Dec 16, 2022, 1:00:03 PM12/16/22
to Plover
I have found a Python egg file for a Palantype extension to Plover, but no instructions how to install it in Plover. Does anyone know how to do this?

Ted Morin

Dec 16, 2022, 1:01:27 PM12/16/22
to plove...@googlegroups.com
If you're running the latest version of Plover, you should be able to find Palantype in the plugins manager. That is easier than installing manually.

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022, 1:00 p.m. 'sampso...@googlemail.com' via Plover <plove...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I have found a Python egg file for a Palantype extension to Plover, but no instructions how to install it in Plover. Does anyone know how to do this?

Nick DuMortier

Dec 16, 2022, 1:07:03 PM12/16/22
to plove...@googlegroups.com
Please take me off this email chain.

Ted Morin

Dec 16, 2022, 1:08:22 PM12/16/22
to plove...@googlegroups.com
You should be able to leave the Google group from the web interface linked at the bottom of each message.

sampso...@googlemail.com

Dec 17, 2022, 4:10:54 PM12/17/22
to Plover
I tried this. I have downloaded the error messages which included that the keymap is invalid, with "actions" unbound. There was an exception in Thread-7, the serial port could not be opened and so on.
I am using Plover 4.0.0.dev10 on Windows 10.
PloverConfigurePalantypeErrors.txt

sampso...@googlemail.com

Jan 9, 2023, 7:11:36 AM1/9/23
to Plover
Is Plover supported?

sampso...@googlemail.com

Feb 14, 2023, 1:08:45 PM2/14/23
to Plover
I have made Palantype work in Plover. Next question is, can one fingerspell and if so how? Also, is there somewhere I can ask these questions as they are not answered here?