Dictionary Transfer

Benjamin Slayton

Nov 13, 2020, 10:08:02 AM11/13/20
to Plover
Hello, I have been practicing steno for about 2 months with plover, I have been learning the stened theory in school, and so far it has been pretty similar. Although it is not exactly the same. I wondering if once I get case catalyst software, will I be able to transfer the plover dictionary I have, or will I have to start from scratch. I have not been able to find a good page on how this is done.

Christopher Day

Nov 13, 2020, 10:11:46 AM11/13/20
to plove...@googlegroups.com
From what I've been told Stenograph will usually offer support to convert dictionaries to people buying their software, so definitely ask them. I know Stenograph's dictionary can easily be made into an RTF. I'm not sure how easy the RTF or other dictionaries can be made into Stenograph dictionaries without their help.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 10:08 AM Benjamin Slayton <benjam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I have been practicing steno for about 2 months with plover, I have been learning the stened theory in school, and so far it has been pretty similar. Although it is not exactly the same. I wondering if once I get case catalyst software, will I be able to transfer the plover dictionary I have, or will I have to start from scratch. I have not been able to find a good page on how this is done.

Benjamin Slayton

Nov 13, 2020, 10:14:55 AM11/13/20
to Plover
Thank you.

Claire Frances

Jan 24, 2021, 8:44:40 PM1/24/21
to Plover
Hello, I viewed this instructional page possibly on the same topic from Stenograph.com: