ecosteno keyboard layout

Denise White

Feb 15, 2022, 8:08:21 AM2/15/22
to Plover
I was a court reporting student and I got to about 120 words per minute before dropping out, so I'm pretty familiar with stenography.  I got an ecosteno keyboard to have a more portable practice option.  I got it set up with Plover and it is working, the only problem is the keyboard layout is not the same as a dedicated steno machine.

How do I get it to match up with steno keyboard?

Denise White

Ant

Feb 15, 2022, 9:40:05 AM2/15/22
to Plover
Hi!

If there are no lights on, the board is in NKRO mode and the machine in Plover should be set to Keyboard.

But you probably want to use the EcoSteno in Gemini PR mode instead. You can change the mode by pressing the button on the top left until the green light turns on. Then in Plover you then need to go to Configure > Machine, set the machine to Gemini PR and then scan for the machine. If the scan doesn't work, you might need to manually choose the machine in the port dropdown list.

There's a bit more information on the EcoSteno product page, including a video on how to set it up (although it was made with an older version, so make sure to use Gemini PR instead of TX Bolt) and a diagram showing the different available layouts that the board has.

I hope that this helps :)
-- Ant

sampso...@googlemail.com

Dec 26, 2022, 12:13:35 PM12/26/22
to Plover
Where are the arrow keys?

sampso...@googlemail.com

Feb 18, 2023, 6:31:26 AM2/18/23
to Plover
I added them, and other things, using chord.ahk by Paul Pliska, q.v.