Another Plover dictionary (add-on) question :)

Claire Frances

Apr 26, 2021, 3:47:54 PM4/26/21
to Plover
Hello, I do not view where to ask questions pertaining to specific modules on Github, so hopefully this will find its way to someone who might have successfully used the add-on with Plover, I am using v. 4.0.0. dev8...

The add-on I am referring to is plover-casecat-dictionary (0.1.3), Home page: https://github.com/marnanel/plover_casecat_dictionary.

I did install it and it does find the dictionary with a SGDCT extension (exported from Case CATalyst program files to the plover/plover in C: drive folder, when I clicked to 'add new dictionary' it easily located it however, there is an icon that is a lock (where one can arbitrarily put a star to  denote highest level dictionary default), that doesn't seem to show unlocked by  right clicking it or anything else.

Does anyone know how I could get the SGDCT files to work, dictionary enabled for Plover? I tried to export on Case CATalyst as an RTF but am unable. I managed to work with another theory dictionary (This is  StenED in Case CAT I am trying to convert/use with Plover), using the antiquated but previously working (until the newest Windows 10 update) of GlobalCAT which has a good software dictionary converter that inadvertently works with dictionary files of different extensions for creating RTF.

Okay, thank you again,
Claire Frances

Sammi De Guzman

Apr 26, 2021, 4:30:42 PM4/26/21
to Plover
The plugin doesn't know how to edit or add translations to CaseCAT dictionaries, that's all the lock icon means. You should still be able to use it though.

Claire Frances

Apr 26, 2021, 5:08:29 PM4/26/21
to Plover
Hello Sammi,
Thank you for the reply. That it appears if true, the file is empty for the 'personal dictionary' located in CaseCAT with the StenEd folders, but there is definitely content, only my Stentura doesn't put out anything but 'raw steno' which presumably means it isn't translating any of the content from the dictionary. The main dictionary does work and I do not have it checkmarked, so it shouldn't be interfering if the dictionary for StenEd was to work with the sgdct extension.
I am trying to think of another way to use the dictionary but maybe I will just have to wait for Case CATalyst training.
:) Thanks again,
Claire Frances