Steampunk Stenotype

Kovacsics Róbert

Dec 26, 2016, 6:59:43 PM12/26/16
to Plover
Hello all!

Just posting more images of my modifications to my Stentura 200 SRT, because the original topic "Stentura 200 Interlals" got off topic. Of course, not yet finished, future plans include:
* Redoing the paint, at least for the exterior because I ran out at that point. Also the interior got a bit smudged because I did not have lacquer to protect the paint.
* Putting in a mechanical watch and panel meters for battery level (runs off 8 AA batteries)
* Putting in a trackball/joystick
* Replacing the screen because the current one is a bit broken
* Wood panel for the screen/panel meters to be in
* Making the battery compartment removable, for easier access (the one on the 200 is not removable, as far as I gather, if anyone has e.g. a 400 or a 500 I would love to see how it can be removed, presumably it is just sliding it out? It does not budge on the 200)
* Putting in a thermal printer for paper output (I have one on order, and it can do bitmaps too: https://www.adafruit.com/products/2753)

And possibly any suggestions or anything I will think up later
15625870_1530349446993120_5894360068864141601_o.jpg
15676193_1530350833659648_7465441065827033284_o.jpg
15723752_1523511647676900_2315357550627206037_o.jpg

Ted Morin

Dec 26, 2016, 7:55:26 PM12/26/16
to Plover
You've got the coolest Stenotype on the block. Congrats on the mod so far, and best of luck with further additions.

Gabriel Holmes

Dec 27, 2016, 6:26:07 PM12/27/16
to Plover
I'm installing one of these in my TARDIS.
Message has been deleted

Ian Cloud

Jan 1, 2017, 9:47:26 PM1/1/17
to Plover
Beautiful! Is that padding on the keys or just a paint job? Also, are you running the main version of Plover on the pi? I was trying to provide Raspberry Pi installation trouble shooting on the Discord channel the other night, but I don't know how helpful it really was; doing it all from memory because my pi stuff is in storage for the time being.

Kovacsics Róbert

Jan 2, 2017, 5:19:28 AM1/2/17
to Plover

On Monday, 2 January 2017 02:47:26 UTC, Ian Cloud wrote:
Beautiful! Is that padding on the keys or just a paint job?

Leather imitation padding, it took me so long to cut and sew it onto each individual key. Plus the space between two keys in the same column is too small, they sometimes get stuck so I will have to remove the top/back (depending on where you view it from, the one that gets stuck) to give it more space.

Also, are you running the main version of Plover on the pi? I was trying to provide Raspberry Pi installation trouble shooting on the Discord channel the other night, but I don't know how helpful it really was; doing it all from memory because my pi stuff is in storage for the time being.

Yes, I just cloned from github, installed dependencies with pypi (raspbian is out of date, as per debian fashion) and just running it from the cloned directory using the launch.sh script