Issues with USB pedal on Mac OS Monterrey

tran...@gmail.com

May 30, 2022, 11:19:59 AM5/30/22
to Plover
Hi,
I've been using Plover on a PC for most of my work, but today received an mp3 file I wanted to use on my Macbook Air.

My USB pedal works normally with InqScribe until I activate Plover...then it calls up a right-click menu every time I depress it. The cursor also does not remain at the end of the line I've typed with Plover, but returns to the point where I began typing after pressing the USB pedal.

Same behavior with Word and other text editors, so it seems to be a Plover issue?

Also, while I was in InqScribe looking for different settings to mess with, Plover output TO every time I clicked on a menu heading or item using the trackpad on my Macbook Air.

Any ideas? I've restarted the programs and no difference.

Terry

tran...@gmail.com

May 30, 2022, 11:30:56 AM5/30/22
to Plover
Further testing -- I think it's a general Mac OS thing, not Plover. As usual, the open source steno-for-all product works better than the pay ones.

Terry

Glen Warner

May 30, 2022, 9:41:06 PM5/30/22
to Plover
I would probably check to see about replacing InqScribe with something else. I usually use Express Scribe and Nisus Writer Pro, but after a nasty hard drive crash, I had to pretty much start over with a new program called "Libre Office" and the latest version of Express Scribe.

Unfortunately, the two programs did not get along and locked my system up so much that I had to turn the iMac off completely, and later switch to doing the work on my laptop where I had an older version of Nisus Writer and Express Scribe.

Let's just say that was not a great week.

I was able to complete the work on the laptop (which I had brought to the Mac repair shop a few days before), but it was not a fun weekend.

Well. Happy hunting!

--gdw