Thanks for tuning up our MakerBot, Aaron!

Liz Barry

Feb 10, 2015, 5:35:34 PM2/10/15
to alt...@gmail.com, Plotz 3d
Hi Aaron,

It was supercool that you tuned up NYC's MakerBot and I wanted to thank you publicly on our listserve. :D I hope that you get some use out of it.

Some other Public Labbers who have this same printer may be interested in hearing what you did exactly. Could you share some highlights?

Thanks again,
Liz

--

Liz Barry
director of community development

Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today!

Chris Fastie

Feb 11, 2015, 9:53:04 AM2/11/15
to plot...@googlegroups.com, alt...@gmail.com, l...@publiclab.org
Aaron,

It would be great to hear about the maintenance or upgrades that have been done on that printer. Maybe Liz can list anything she did in the last year. Could you both bring the machine log up to date at the MakerBot Machine Log page?

These old Replicators have some flaky characteristics. There is some critical maintenance which is required to prevent serious damage, and some critical upgrades that can either prevent total failure or greatly improve performance. It would be a shame to start losing these machines because people were unaware of these needs.

Liz, I can contact some of the folks who have one of the 10 Public Lab printers, but I don't know where three or four of them are. Should we make an effort to have an up-to-date contact list and find out what the printers are up to? If everyone filled out the machine log we could help those who needed it.

Chris

Jessica Breen

Feb 11, 2015, 11:11:01 AM2/11/15
to Chris Fastie, plot...@googlegroups.com, alt...@gmail.com, l...@publiclab.org
I’d love to hear more about what exactly was done. I’ve been upgrading the one here in Lexington in little bits and pieces, but really don’t know the full list of what I should be doing.

Cheers,
Jessi

Liz Barry

Feb 18, 2015, 2:26:55 PM2/18/15
to Plotz 3d, Aaron Lehr
Hey guys,
I'll try to connect with Aaron next time he comes in. He runs a university 3d print lab and was helping our roommates OpenBCI (Brain-Computer Interface) get ready for a weekend hackathon by spiffing up all the 3d printers in the space -- we have four different models among us.