Thank you, Public Lab

Patrick Hixenbaugh

Apr 15, 2023, 12:33:54 AM4/15/23
to plots-waterquality
If you haven't seen the news, but Public Lab is closing its staff-run operations and switching to a volunteer-only operation. (https://publiclab.org/blog)

I owe so much to this organization, and specifically the water-quality community. Thank you all for being a part of this community and building upon the knowledge of how to take care of our environment.

Stay in touch!
Patrick

--
Patrick Hixenbaugh (He/him/his)

Liz Barry

Apr 16, 2023, 2:06:23 PM4/16/23
to plots-wat...@googlegroups.com
Dear Patrick,
It's so heartwarming to hear from you! Thank you for your message and for being an integral part of Public Lab for all these years! Same to everyone who is reading these messages via Google Groups even after all these years. We did it together.

I've heard from many community members over so many channels in the past days that I think there may be energy to have a catch up call in the near future. Write in if you're reading this and interested.
💚🙏
Liz

--
Post to this group at plots-wat...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-waterquality" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/plots-waterquality/CABF8bZ8AKAyvVfaOBSA%2BuVgNXBuEkM2XDmRxqrAJ9DY7ed475A%40mail.gmail.com.

Markos

Apr 17, 2023, 8:55:20 PM4/17/23
to plots-wat...@googlegroups.com

I hope that in this new phase the Public Lab will continue to encourage citizen science initiatives.

The work carried out by its initiators was and will continue to be of great importance.

Seeds were sown...

Best Regards,
Markos

Nigel Cartmell

May 6, 2023, 10:50:38 PM5/6/23
to plots-wat...@googlegroups.com
Hi Markos, Patrick, Liz,
Markos - Yes, seeds were sown.
Years ago this Earthrise article https://youtu.be/wqm3ogAHlMw prompted me to contact Public Lab for teaching material [I was running Tech workshops for school kids e.g. Arduino].
By chance Patrick was on his way to New Zealand, on a backpacking tour. We met in Auckland.
It was Patrick who linked me up with an Ecologist from NIWA, who attended our kids workshops and offered a challenge to develop an incubator for processing e.coli water samples. This inspired my daughter [now 16 years] to design and build such and incubator and field test it in Auckland streams. The incubator is an ongoing project, as is water testing, it's shaping her future.

Thank you so much Patrick and the Pubic Lab team.
Nigel Cartmell

Liz Barry

May 7, 2023, 12:18:12 PM5/7/23
to plots-wat...@googlegroups.com