[PublicLab] Question: Measuring UV-C Sources (#23629)

notifi...@publiclab.org

May 14, 2020, 9:04:39 AM5/14/20
to notifi...@publiclab.org

Public Lab contributor jkenny23 just asked a question entitled 'Measuring UV-C Sources':

Help them by posting an answer here: https://publiclab.org/questions/jkenny23/05-14-2020/measuring-uv-c-sources

Hello, I would like to measure a few claimed UV-C LED products I'm purchasing with a DIY spectromter. I don't think the direct approach will work, photographing through the diffraction grating, since the camera's glass lenses and sensor covering will block UV-C wavelengths. Would it be possible to project the diffracted light onto a surface like paper which could fluoresce and give an indication of the wavelength of the light source? Or any other ideas?

You received this email because you are subscribed to some or all of the following tags: spectrometry,question:spectrometry,first-time-poster.

Subscribe to all the tags for this post by visiting https://publiclab.org/subscribe/multiple/tag/spectrometry,question:spectrometry,first-time-poster.

Report spam and abuse to: moder...@publiclab.org

Check out the blog at https://publiclab.org/blog | Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today at https://publiclab.org/donate If this email title has an ID in the format #0000, you can reply with the email you use at PublicLab.org and your response will be posted as a comment on the website.