[Invitation] Public Lab 3/8 event - (Soil!) Stories from the Underground

1 view

Ashley Mocorro Powell

Mar 2, 2021, 2:05:02 PM3/2/21
to Ashley Mocorro Powell

Hi Everyone!

It's that time again! Public Lab is hosting our next OpenHour on Monday March 8. Please see the event details below.

Up next week:

  • Our OpenHour on March 8, 8:30am PT / 11:30am ET, on (Soil!) Stories from the Underground. We'll gather with community members to share our stories and collective learning moments around investigating soil! Link to join in hyperlink.
Are you interested in investigating soil where you live? Gather with Public Lab staff and other community members to share our collective learning moments -- How did you get interested in soil quality and contamination? What educational resources have you used or have on hand to share with others? What are you still hoping to learn about soil contamination? Are you hoping to meet others on how to take action through community-led science and inquiry? Invite a friend or colleague to join you in getting started with soil investigation at this OpenHour! We will share stories and dialogue together. PS: You don't have to have it all figured out just yet! We look forward to seeing you there.

What's next?
Here's a midway update on Public Lab's soil review from Research Coordinator Jeanette:
  • We'll continue to post new resources and update existing pages on soil contamination on Public Lab's website. Look out for materials on evaluating soil test results and remediation.
  • We're still having soil-themed Open Calls every Tuesday until March 30. Drop in any time starting at 12:00pm PST/3:00pm ET
  • [Save the date!] We're getting ready for our soil review wrap event on March 31 when we'll share highlights from the whole review. Look out for an event post with details soon.

Fellowship opportunities!

Public Lab is currently seeking a Documentation Fellow, learn more on the Fellows page
https://publiclab.org/wiki/fellows. Be sure to bookmark this page, we will be rolling out more opportunities in the coming weeks!
Thank you!
--
Ashley D. Mocorro Powell