[PublicLab] How should I modify Infragram NDVI settings for Raspberry Pi Noir orbital photos? (#23674)

notifi...@publiclab.org

May 20, 2020, 9:56:51 AM5/20/20
to notifi...@publiclab.org

Public Lab contributor brendan_stanford just posted a new research note entitled 'How should I modify Infragram NDVI settings for Raspberry Pi Noir orbital photos?':

Read and respond to the post here: https://publiclab.org/notes/brendan_stanford/05-20-2020/how-should-i-modify-infragram-ndvi-settings-for-raspberry-pi-noir-orbital-photos

image description

I am a middle school teacher looking to use NDVI for the first time with my code club students. The picture below of the coast of Newfoundland, Canada was taken with a Raspberry Pi Noir near-IR camera as part of the 2020 Astro Pi: Mission space lab competition, and we wanted to use NDVI to infer the relative health of plant populations at different latitudes. However, when we use the NDVI colorized preset on Infragram as in the photo above, we can barely see any of the plant population which we know are present. How can we modify the NDVI settings to enhance the appearance of plant populations? Thanks for any help you can provide!image description

You received this email because you are subscribed to some or all of the following tags: ndvi,first-time-poster,raspberry_pi,orbit.

Subscribe to all the tags for this post by visiting https://publiclab.org/subscribe/multiple/tag/ndvi,first-time-poster,raspberry_pi,orbit.

Report spam and abuse to: moder...@publiclab.org

Check out the blog at https://publiclab.org/blog | Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today at https://publiclab.org/donate If this email title has an ID in the format #0000, you can reply with the email you use at PublicLab.org and your response will be posted as a comment on the website.