[PublicLab] Question: infragram and Pi NoIR camera - NDVI not working (#24460)

notifi...@publiclab.org

Aug 27, 2020, 12:50:43 PM8/27/20
to notifi...@publiclab.org

Public Lab contributor agentnightingale just asked a question entitled 'infragram and Pi NoIR camera - NDVI not working ':

Help them by posting an answer here: https://publiclab.org/questions/agentnightingale/08-26-2020/infragram-and-pi-noir-camera-ndvi-not-working

Hi there

I am very new to all this and needs some help to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I am recording images on a Pi NoIR camera with a red filter (also tried a blue filter). I download the images to my laptop and then upload to infragram. I run the preset for NDVI for RED filters - colourized. But all I get is a blue image - see attached screenshot. The image is of shrubs and non-organic matter, so would expect I would be able to see a differential between things. I am really not sure what I am doing wrong?

Any advice to a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

image description

The same image as it came out of the Pi NoIR camera without any presets/changes:

image description

Thanks

Sam

You received this email because you are subscribed to some or all of the following tags: ndvi,infragram,pi,question:general,general,noir,first-time-poster.

Subscribe to all the tags for this post by visiting https://publiclab.org/subscribe/multiple/tag/ndvi,infragram,pi,question:general,general,noir,first-time-poster.

Report spam and abuse to: moder...@publiclab.org

Check out the blog at https://publiclab.org/blog | Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today at https://publiclab.org/donate If this email title has an ID in the format #0000, you can reply with the email you use at PublicLab.org and your response will be posted as a comment on the website.