PhotoMonitoringPlugin fuzzy (#11821)

notifi...@publiclab.org

Jun 15, 2020, 5:11:57 PM6/15/20
to notifi...@publiclab.org

PhotoMonitoringPlugin fuzzy

Read and respond to the post here: https://publiclab.org/notes/gpenzo/05-16-2015/photomonitoringplugin-fuzzy

What I want to do

For my NDVI cap project i'm trying to make a lightweight PhotoMonitoringPlugin application. In my setup the cameras are ridgid. For evry photo I make the translation and rotation are the same. What I want to do is to make one calbration and use the translation and rotation for all other pictures. This will speed up NDVI picture calculation. I want to verify my implementation with PhotoMonitoringPlugin

My attempt and results

I got everything working with opencv but I do not get 100% the same result compare to PhotoMonitoringPlugin. Especially the float images.

PhotoMonitoringPlugin setup: Calculation NDVI Minimum scaling -1.0 Maximum scaling 1.0 No stretch for both IR and visible Lut: NDVIBleu2Red.lut

PhotoMonitoringPlugin result

PhotoMonitoringPlugin Float image

vis_36_NDVI_Float.jpg

PhotoMonitoringPlugin NDVI image

vis_36_NDVI_Color.jpg

This is already strange. The color image has more information than the floating image. I expect them to be the same. Color image has a lut with 255 colors and float image has 255 gray colors. When I load the float image in Fiji and use the same lut on it I get the following image:

Lut applied on PhotoMonitoringPlugin Float image

float_with_lut.jpg

Can any one explain what is going on here, why does PhotoMonitoringPlugin generate a float with less information. I checked the plugin code but could not find the reason for this.

My application gives the following results. Applying a lut on my float image gives almost the same result as the plugin.

NDVICAPE Float image

ndvi_36_float.jpg

NDVICAPE Ndvi image

ndvi_36.jpg

Why I'm interested

Should the floating image be used like this or does it has another purpose.

Respond to the post here: https://publiclab.org/notes/gpenzo/05-16-2015/photomonitoringplugin-fuzzy

This post was tagged with #ndvi by liz

You received this email because it was tagged with: ndvi.

Subscribe to all the tags for this post by visiting https://publiclab.org/subscribe/multiple/tag/ndvi,qgis.

Report spam and abuse to: moder...@publiclab.org

Check out the blog at https://publiclab.org/blog | Love our work? Become a Public Lab Sustaining Member today at https://publiclab.org/donate If this email title has an ID in the format #0000, you can reply with the email you use at PublicLab.org and your response will be posted as a comment on the website.