FYI: Funding Opportunity - CITGO Caring for Our Coasts Gulf Region Grants Program

Melissa Goodwin

Oct 22, 2019, 1:48:23 PM10/22/19
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com

Hello Public Lab Gulf Coast google group,

I’m passing along a funding opportunity from Restore America’s Estuaries/CITGO in case anyone is interested, calling special attention to the November 1 application deadline. Please direct any questions to gra...@estuaries.org.

https://estuaries.org/get-involved/grants/

CITGO Caring for Our Coasts Gulf Region Grants Program

Download the Request for Proposals »

Download the Grant Application »

Restore America’s Estuaries is excited to partner with CITGO to provide grants to organizations and groups interested in hosting locally-based volunteer events in the Gulf of Mexico region. These grants are intended to provide groups with funding to host clean-up, restoration, or other educational events. Under this year's program, events may take place any time between October and December 2019.

In 2018, this program awarded grants to eight organizations who together engaged more than 3,000 volunteers, collected 58,000 pounds of trash, cleaned 160 miles of shorelines, removed nearly 1,000 invasive species, and planted more than 300 trees.

Deadline for submission: November 1, 2019

Eligibility:

  • Applicants must be a registered non-profit, government entity, or community organization
  • Funded project must be located in the Gulf of Mexico region

Evaluation Criteria:

  • Potential for this funding to increase event capacity
  • Expected impact of the event on local communities and ecosystems
  • Demonstration of community engagement and outreach
  • Funding need

Melissa Goodwin
Project Manager, Thriving Earth Exchange
202-777-7313
mgoo...@agu.org | www.agu.org | #AGU100
2000 Florida Ave., NW | Washington, DC 20009

​Support the Next Generation of Earth and Space Scientists!

Give to the Austin Student Travel Grant Challenge!

​Text AUSTIN to 20222 to give $10.
Visit Austin-Challenge to find out how to give more.