Weekly one-sentence updates!

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 2, 2016, 4:27:07 PM6/2/16
to plot...@googlegroups.com, plots...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all - I see lots of activity on Github and will be getting to it tomorrow morning, thanks!

Can students reply here with one-sentence summaries of your work since last Friday?

Best,
Jefff

Ananyo Maiti

Jun 2, 2016, 4:37:41 PM6/2/16
to Jeffrey Warren, plot...@googlegroups.com, plots...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I have completed work on the Questions controller with its corresponding views and tests. Details of all changes implemented and discussions can be seen in pull requests #550 and #555 and Issue #554. I have now started my work on Answer model and controller for posting Answers for corresponding questions and displaying them.

Lalith Rallabhandi

Jun 3, 2016, 5:32:31 AM6/3/16
to plots-dev, je...@publiclab.org, plots...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

I mostly worked on adding forms for various tags and storing them in UserTag table. Information will also be displayed in the public profile. Also user can add new tags for various types such as skills, gear, tool, role. Location is next thing I'm working to save user location. Looking forward for your response in PR https://github.com/publiclab/plots2/pull/545. Autocomplete is another minor work I focused this week.

Thanks !
Regards,
Lalith

Richard Meister

Jun 3, 2016, 9:20:49 AM6/3/16
to plots-dev, plots...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
Hi Jeff,

this week I prepared the webjack.js stub for insertion of a decoder module and implemented a demodulator (and decoder) for SoftModem signals in Matlab/Octave. Currently I am looking for optimal parameters of the decoder and analysing what changes have to be applied to the existing modem.js library.

Regards,
Richard

Ujitha Perera

Jun 3, 2016, 12:27:51 PM6/3/16
to plots-gsoc, plot...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
Hi Jeff,

I have started refactoring search controller. Basically I'm moving bulky database queries to separate SearchService class and optimise then inside this class. Then trying to communicate with solr service and test more nested queries. Hope to open another thread for the discussion.

Regards,
Ujitha.

On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 1:57:07 AM UTC+5:30, Jeffrey Warren wrote:
Hi, all - I see lots of activity on Github and will be getting to it tomorrow morning, thanks!

Can students reply here with one-sentence summaries of your work since last Friday?

Jefff

jites...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2016, 12:54:18 PM6/3/16
to plots-dev, plots...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
On Friday, June 3, 2016 at 1:57:07 AM UTC+5:30, Jeffrey Warren wrote:
Hi everyone!

I talked with I18n maintainers this week to know more about the testing procedures, wrote few tests for the initialization of I18n locales, and moved on to header area and have almost completed the translations for header. I'll be creating a Pull Request for header I18n in a day or two.

Thanks!

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 3, 2016, 4:28:10 PM6/3/16
to Jitesh Jha, plots-dev, plots...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, all! https://publiclab.org/notes/warren/06-03-2016/this-week-in-google-summer-of-code

I put some extra notes and suggestions at the end, please check them out and thanks for all your hard work.