New code published to PublicLab.org

Jeffrey Warren

Jul 20, 2016, 10:32:32 AM7/20/16
to plot...@googlegroups.com, w...@publiclab.org, plots...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all - I just published all the new code since the end of June to the site -- check it out!

Highlights: comments counts on stats page (thanks @chongr): https://publiclab.org/stats

Initial location tagging by Lalith (below) and a Dashboard internationalization (below) by Jitesh.

Give your new code a try! Thanks to everyone and keep up the great work.

Inline image 2Inline image 1

Jeffrey Warren

Jul 20, 2016, 11:05:30 AM7/20/16
to plot...@googlegroups.com, w...@publiclab.org, plots...@googlegroups.com
A few followup notes:

* The site is experiencing high load right now, just a reminder to think about optimization if you're querying a lot of data or doing recursive logic.

* Switching to German worked, but on switching back, it took a page refresh to get English to show. I think a ?_234151 suffix to the URL should help clear cache; see the wiki controller for an example of how to generate a random number at the end.

Please help report and coordinate bugs and fixes on the plots-dev list -- esp. as people encounter issues and email in with questions!

If there are urgent fixes, we can do another publish today or tomorrow.

Thanks!
Jeff

Jeffrey Warren

Jul 20, 2016, 11:08:29 AM7/20/16
to plot...@googlegroups.com, w...@publiclab.org, plots...@googlegroups.com
Ah, one more -- on the new profile tag form, the "privacy" checkbox is reversed -- it goes to a hexagon when /unchecked/, not when checked.

If you want, please feel free to file a Github issue for any reported bugs, or to encourage people contacting this list with bugs to open an issue, so it can be documented and followed up on in a more structured way.

Thanks!
Jeff

Jitesh Jha

Jul 21, 2016, 6:17:10 AM7/21/16
to plots-gsoc, plot...@googlegroups.com, w...@publiclab.org, je...@publiclab.org
Hello!
I think the problem must lie at the 'redirect_to request.referer || root_url' in SettingsController. 'redirect_to :back' can be one of the alternative way to get back the previous URL after changing the locale passed as a parameter. One more thing, I am unable to replicate the issue on my cloud9 localhost, it works perfectly fine on my localhost. How do I check if the alternative redirect can solve this issue?

Thanks!

Jitesh Jha

Jul 21, 2016, 6:22:39 AM7/21/16
to plots-gsoc, plot...@googlegroups.com, w...@publiclab.org, je...@publiclab.org
Hello!
         I also think 'Rails.cache.clear' before redirection to a previous URL in SettingsController could help solve the issue, but I cannot find a way to test it. :/

Thanks!

Jeffrey Warren

Jul 21, 2016, 3:49:08 PM7/21/16
to Jitesh Jha, plots-gsoc, plot...@googlegroups.com, w...@publiclab.org
Rails.cache.clear would clear the server side cache (for all sessions/users!), but this is a browser-side cache. I think you can append a timestamp to the URL to trigger a new load on the browser. See this line:

Sorry, I had linked to wiki controller, but it's in notes controller.

Hope that helps!

Jeff