Updates to plots2 codebase - take note if you have in-progress work

Jeffrey Warren

May 31, 2016, 2:44:36 PM5/31/16
to plot...@googlegroups.com, plots...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all, I'm sorry, i just merged, then reverted a change (never revising history, just adding a second "revert" commit after the initial one) on plots2, and want to give folks a heads up that you should watch out when you pull a fresh copy of the master branch to rebase on top of.

I'm going to send a followup in a moment. Apologies, this was completely my fault for not being more careful, and is not a reflection on the code in the PR.

Thanks!
Jeff

Jeffrey Warren

May 31, 2016, 3:00:46 PM5/31/16
to plot...@googlegroups.com, plots...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all, as promised. I've left some requests here for the PR: https://github.com/publiclab/plots2/pull/550/files

And since I caused a lot of trouble, I've tried to remedy this by cherry-picking the changes back on top of master and opening a new pull request here: https://github.com/publiclab/plots2/pull/553

This new request re-submits the changes, and any fixes can be implemented on top of this PR. You can get this PR with:

    git checkout -b jywarren-q-a-cherry-pick master
  git pull https://github.com/jywarren/plots2.git q-a-cherry-pick

Again, apologies for causing a small mess here, I was working a bit too fast.

I've rebased a small change over master and as expected things seem pretty clean, so the revert shouldn't cause you any issues. But if you see anything unexpected, please reply here.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Jeffrey Warren

May 31, 2016, 3:02:37 PM5/31/16
to plot...@googlegroups.com, plots...@googlegroups.com
And an additional thanks to Ananyo for the very thorough tests which were submitted with the PR, by the way!