Merging in the next ~3 hours, GSoC weekly updates

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 16, 2016, 1:18:47 PM6/16/16
to plots...@googlegroups.com, plot...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all, as I mentioned, I'm going to do an early merge this week, so that I can try to deploy code tomorrow before I leave town. If you have any PRs to add, please do so ASAP.

Also, GSoC students -- please reply with one-line summaries; I'll do my best to get those posted tomorrow as well. Thanks all!

Jeff

Richard Meister

Jun 17, 2016, 1:34:50 PM6/17/16
to plots-dev, plots...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
Hi Jeff,

my summary: Implemented an encoder #4, that currently works on machines using 44,1kHz sampling rate.

Sadly thats not very much. I started the week with tweeking modem.js, but I think that was the wrong track. Though I learned some stuff and hope I can do more next week!

Richard

Lalith Rallabhandi

Jun 18, 2016, 4:05:54 AM6/18/16
to plots-dev, plots...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
Hi Jeff,

As part of this week, I implemented location tag design and map which points location of the user. A circle which is highlighted in map which is mainly used to user privacy.
My  work can be found here: https://github.com/publiclab/plots2/pull/578

Thanks!

Ujitha Perera

Jun 18, 2016, 4:15:28 AM6/18/16
to plots-gsoc, plot...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
Hi Jeff,

I have started developing advanced search page. Necessary UI components and controller level structure built last week. Working on this week to make this functionality more stable and error free. And I'm using sunspot to enable advanced searching features.

Ujitha.

Ujitha Perera

Jun 18, 2016, 4:20:16 AM6/18/16
to plots-gsoc, plot...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
Hi Jeff,

I have started developing advanced search page. Necessary UI components and controller level structure were developed last week. Working on this week to make this functionality more stable and error free. And I'm using sunspot to enable advanced searching features.

Ujitha.

Ananyo Maiti

Jun 18, 2016, 12:09:55 PM6/18/16
to Ujitha Perera, plots-gsoc, plots-dev, Jeffrey Warren
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for being late. I was travelling today.

This week I completed work on the Answering system with #566 being merged. I m now working on  new commenting system for the Q & A page. You can see it in #589. I am following the design idea as given below.

comments show.jpg

jites...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2016, 4:19:20 PM6/18/16
to plots-dev, plots...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 10:48:47 PM UTC+5:30, Jeffrey Warren wrote:
Hello!

This week I worked on making my previous week's locale settings more clean and adding I18n translating methods to more pages (home/ login/ signup) with a pull request coming up in a short time. :)

- Jitesh

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 20, 2016, 9:04:16 AM6/20/16
to Jitesh Jha, plots-dev, plots...@googlegroups.com
Great, - https://publiclab.org/notes/warren/06-20-2016/last-week-in-google-summer-of-code

Sorry, Ananyo - I didn't see yours when i first hit publish, but I immediately edited it to add yours in, so it's there now with your screenshot.

Thanks!

- Jitesh