GSoC one-sentence summaries, please!

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 9, 2016, 10:14:02 AM6/9/16
to plots...@googlegroups.com, plot...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, GSoC students (and mentors!!) -- and if there are screenshots or anything you'd like to share too, that'd be great. :-)

Excluding merges, 4 authors have pushed 44 commits to master and 44 commits to all branches. On master, 85 files have changed and there have been 2,782 additions and 161 deletions.

Diana Di Leonardo

Jun 9, 2016, 6:16:55 PM6/9/16
to Jeffrey Warren, plots...@googlegroups.com, plot...@googlegroups.com
Ok, wow. That's a lot. Good work!

Lalith Rallabhandi

Jun 10, 2016, 8:05:44 AM6/10/16
to plots-dev, plots...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
Thats really good improvements to code base and tests. This week I worked on improvements to basic tagging, fixed couple of bugs. Admin can manage tags of other users and UserTag is saved based on the target user. I started location tagging prototype and working on backend functionality.

Thanks !

Ananyo Maiti

Jun 10, 2016, 10:38:58 AM6/10/16
to Lalith Rallabhandi, plots-dev, plots-gsoc, Jeffrey Warren
Applause for the great work going on. This week I have worked on the answering system for the Q & A system. The Post, edit and delete functionalities for answers work now. Like button is introduced for answers. Details of work can be seen in pull request #566. Also fixed a couple of bugs in pull request #575.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Lalith Rallabhandi <lali...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thats really good improvements to code base and tests. This week I worked on improvements to basic tagging, fixed couple of bugs. Admin can manage tags of other users and UserTag is saved based on the target user. I started location tagging prototype and working on backend functionality.

Thanks !

Richard Meister

Jun 10, 2016, 11:20:12 AM6/10/16
to plots-dev, plots...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
Wow, awesome progress on plots2!

During this week I fixed an issue with the decoder and documented its functionality in a readme (#3), which will be released as a research note soon. The demo site was enhanced (#2) and I started to modify the modem.js library for compatibility with SoftModem encoding (#2 @dolske/modem.js).
demo_site.png

jites...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2016, 4:19:17 PM6/10/16
to plots-dev, plots...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
Really cool stats!

This week I have added language switching controls on the bottom-right section of footer, and worked on creation of a new controller to set the chosen locale for every page of the website. A new PR will come up before Monday :)

Thanks!

Jitesh

Create a controller for a new route to change locale.

jites...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2016, 4:21:36 PM6/10/16
to plots-dev, plots...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org

Ujitha Perera

Jun 11, 2016, 10:18:39 AM6/11/16
to plots-gsoc, plot...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
Hi all,

Last week developed functioning resource based search and built basic changes for the REST API integration. Required functional tests also added. This week we hope to add more tests cases and finish this task, then we are moving for solr integration and build required wrapper methods to connect with current search process.

Actually It's great pleasure to see this kind of working progress

cheers,
Ujitha.

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 13, 2016, 10:28:11 AM6/13/16
to Ujitha Perera, plots-gsoc, plot...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all - I'll be posting these today, but please try to have them in a little earlier so that I have time to compile them and send out an update. Thanks! Great work!

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 13, 2016, 12:12:12 PM6/13/16
to Ujitha Perera, plots-gsoc, plot...@googlegroups.com
Posted!

And I was able to write the entire thing in the rich editor prototype!

Thanks, all!

Richard Meister

Jun 13, 2016, 1:19:37 PM6/13/16
to plots-dev, ujitha...@gmail.com, plots...@googlegroups.com, je...@publiclab.org
Very cool!

Not very important, but I want to mention that somehow my PR links got lost :D

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 13, 2016, 1:59:22 PM6/13/16
to Richard Meister, plots-dev, Ujitha Perera, plots...@googlegroups.com
ack, true -- fixed!

Ananyo Maiti

Jun 14, 2016, 12:08:11 AM6/14/16
to Jeffrey Warren, Richard Meister, plots-dev, Ujitha Perera, plots...@googlegroups.com
Yeah Jeff for me too. I think you just copied out the texts. Could you please link them with links that we have  mentioned.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-dev" group.

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 14, 2016, 12:13:13 PM6/14/16
to Ananyo Maiti, Richard Meister, plots-dev, Ujitha Perera, plots...@googlegroups.com
I already updated yours, thanks Ananyo!