[PublicLab] Take Back Your Air! Using the Bucket Air Quality Monitor (#25407)

1 view

notifi...@publiclab.org

Jan 4, 2021, 3:23:47 PM1/4/21
to notifi...@publiclab.org

Public Lab contributor kgradow1 just posted a new research note entitled 'Take Back Your Air! Using the Bucket Air Quality Monitor':

Read and respond to the post here: https://publiclab.org/notes/kgradow1/01-04-2021/take-back-your-air-using-the-bucket-air-quality-monitor

December 9: Public Lab Open Hour

We joined South Durban Community Environmental Alliance (SDCEA) and groundWork South Africa in a discussion to learn about 25 years of successful organizing and air quality advocacy using the DIY air monitoring tool, the Bucket, in South Africa. We discussed the history of the Bucket, its use as a campaign tool, and success stories from South Durban. During this OpenHour we also previewed the updated Bucket toolkit and shared resources for communities looking to do their own air quality monitoring.

Resources shared:

*Bucket Monitor Wiki

*Bucket Monitor Toolkit

*Bucket Monitor Kit

*Original Bucket Manual (CBE 1998)

*South Durban Community Environmental Alliance

*groundWork-South Africa

*Engen Refinery explosion in Durban media #1 - Dec 4, 2020

*Engen Refinery explosion in Durban - interview with Bobby Peek

*Engen Refinery explosion in Durban media #2- Dec 4, 2020

You received this email because you are subscribed to some or all of the following tags: air-quality,bucket-brigade,advocacy,oil-and-gas,lon:-71,lat:42,zoom:6,bucket-monitor,2-.

Subscribe to all the tags for this post by visiting https://publiclab.org/subscribe/multiple/tag/air-quality,bucket-brigade,advocacy,oil-and-gas,lon:-71,lat:42,zoom:6,bucket-monitor,2-.

Report spam and abuse to: moder...@publiclab.org

Check out the blog at https://publiclab.org/blog | Love our work? Make a one-time or recurring donation at https://publiclab.org/donate If this email title has an ID in the format #0000, you can reply with the email you use at PublicLab.org and your response will be posted as a comment on the website.