PLOS Search API: lock out period

grantaka36

May 8, 2019, 4:05:06 AM5/8/19
to PLOS API Developers
Dear developers,

Would you please tell me how long seconds/minutes/hours will the access lock out, just after exceeding the threshold?

http://api.plos.org/solr/faq/
> RECOMMENDED USAGE OF THE PLOS SEARCH API
PLOS Search API rate limit

> If you exceed this threshold, we will lock out your IP address.

Regards,
grantaka36

Erik Hetzner

May 8, 2019, 5:42:39 PM5/8/19
to plos-api-...@googlegroups.com, grantaka36
Hi,

Thanks for your interest! Any blocking will be imposed manually and you will need to contact PLOS to address it. But as far as I know we haven’t blocked anybody.

best, Erik

On Wed, 08 May 2019 01:05:06 -0700,
grantaka36 <grant...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [1.1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
> --
> [1.2 <text/html; UTF-8 (quoted-printable)>]

🐝 PLOS | OPEN FOR DISCOVERY
🐘 Erik Hetzner | Software Developer
📮 1160 Battery Street, Suite 225, San Francisco, CA 94111
📞 Main +1 415 624 1200

grantaka36

May 14, 2019, 9:07:37 PM5/14/19
to PLOS API Developers
Thanks Erik,

I understand fully the blocking policy and history. If any blocking would have occurred for my any request, what response do I received? (like below?)

{

"response":{"(some string)","docs":[]

}
}

Regards,

grantaka36

2019年5月9日木曜日 6時42分39秒 UTC+9 Erik Hetzner:

Erik Hetzner

May 15, 2019, 11:57:25 AM5/15/19
to plos-api-...@googlegroups.com, grantaka36
Hi,

You would have received no response. If you are seeing a response, all
should be well.

best, Erik

On Tue, 14 May 2019 18:07:36 -0700,