API key and richcitations citegraph

Ramiro H. Gálvez

Oct 6, 2015, 11:39:37 AM10/6/15
to PLOS API Developers

Hi, I am new to the plos' api. I would like to donwload the full CSV Citation Graph from the "richcitations" api in order to do some research on citation analysis.

The richcitations api's page states:

""" CSV Citation Graph

You can also retrieve a complete citation graph by accessing the following URL:

http://api.richcitations.org/papers?format=csv&fields=citegraph&all=t

Because is a very large file (~400 MB and 4 million lines). You will be required to have an API key to access this. """

I already have an API key with the following role "User - read access to the API". I tried to add my API key to the request but it returns "Not Authorized".

I used the following request (this is no my actual API key)

http://api.richcitations.org/papers?format=csv&fields=citegraph&all=t&api-key=PrdhWJZZiFctfzX_7GmF

Does someone knows what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Ramiro