"Das macht Schule" - a German portal for creating projects to improve situations at school.

pabo

Mar 14, 2011, 1:52:18 PM3/14/11
to Plone Salesforce Integration, dge...@das-macht-schule.net
"Das macht Schule" (sorry, an idiom, difficult to translate) is a
nationwide, independent, private, nonprofit initiative. It runs the
web platform (www.das-macht-schule.net), created project templates
that enable and motivate schools to start a project supported by
hotline, binds companies and provides the financing of these
activities.

The web platform was developed based on Plone 4 and several extensions
(collage, PloneFormGen, content ratings, Discussions, Flow Player,
press room, Captchas) and integrates external services such as "Google
Maps" and "Add This"field. The Web platform is connected to Salesforce
through Plone Salesforce Integration products. That is why I post it
here.

I would like to stress how useful the connection Plone Salesforce is,
especially the SalesforcePFGadapter is awesome.

Now the platform is running and doing a rather good job. But there are
some issues which could be improved:

For each customer transactioan a new chance is created in Salesforce.
It would be less work for the Salesforce administrators if a record
would be updated in the case the contact exists. I am sure it is a
common usecase. The PFG adapter does it pretty well. Must Plone know
the Salesforce ID of the chance? Or ist it possible to update a record
identified by a unique field like in our case the email field.

in other words something like:

svc.unique_field = 'email'
data = dict(type='Contact',
#Id=id,