Re: Plone-sfdc catchup call and collaborations

Nate Aune

Dec 3, 2010, 1:08:41 AM12/3/10
to plo...@googlegroups.com, Jesse Snyder, Eric Magnuson, Christopher Johnson, Jon Stahl, Marty Maxwell, Josh Kidd, Alexander Tokar, myro...@quintagroup.com, David Glick
With the recent screencasts from Jesse and Matt, the list of Plone+SF
demo videos is growing. I think it would be good for promotional and
instructional purposes to publish the following list of
screencast/videos that demonstrate the Plone+Salesforce functionality.
Where can we put this list (preferably in an editable place), so that
others can benefit from it?

Creating web-to-lead form in Plone that posts to Salesforce
by Aaron VanDerlip
http://blip.tv/file/4461574

Creating a form in Plone and submitting the form data to Salesforce (part 1)
by Steve Andersen
http://learnplone.org/documentation/video/demo-of-plone-form-gen-and-salesforce

Create a form in Plone and submitting the form data to Salesforce (part 2)
by Steve Andersen
http://learnplone.org/documentation/video/demo-of-plone-form-gen-and-salesforce-part-2

Create a Contact content type in Plone that maps to a Salesforce object
by Matt (lastname)?
http://www.screencast.com/users/yomatters/folders/Jing/media/430dd26f-52b6-481e-ad54-676a9a06bfa6

Mapping a Campaign in Salesforce to an Event object in Plone
by Jesse Synder
http://www.screencast.com/t/MGU5YjVhZWE

Plone + Salesforce for Web-based form data
Andrew Burkhalter shows a use case for creating a form that saves data
directly to Salesforce.com. This example creates complex, related data
from a single form. It’s completely flexible, and very powerful.
http://blip.tv/file/978311/

Plone + Salesforce via RSVP for Salesforce
Andrew walks through the Plone RSVP product that makes it easy to
publish events and take registrations directly to Salesforce.com.
Again, we’ve focused on flexibility, allowing you to use any objects
you want to represent events and people.
http://blip.tv/file/972803/

This is not a video, but a slide presentation that was given at the
NTEN NTC conference:
An Open Civic Engagement Platform: Plone, Salesforce and Friends
http://www.slideshare.net/jonstahl/an-open-civic-engagement-platform-plone-salesforce-and-friends-1389052

thanks,
Nate

--

Nate Aune - na...@jazkarta.com
http://www.jazkarta.com

Jon Stahl

Dec 3, 2010, 9:20:34 AM12/3/10
to plo...@googlegroups.com, Jesse Snyder, Eric Magnuson, Christopher Johnson, Jon Stahl, Marty Maxwell, Josh Kidd, Alexander Tokar, myro...@quintagroup.com, David Glick
I suggest http://plone.org/documentation/kb/integrating-plone-with-salesforce,
which to date has been serving as the informal "homepage" that links
together all the links to the various tendrils of the Plone/Salesforce
empire.

Maybe adding a page for "screencasts + demos" would be appropriate?

:jon

Neil McEvoy

Dec 6, 2010, 8:51:57 AM12/6/10
to plo...@googlegroups.com

Hey Nate, guys

This is one of my favourite tech presentations, such a great demo of all
things Cloud, open source and Salesforce.com, in one go.

I've referenced it as part of suggesting this is a very fertile area to
focus for hosting providers who want to develop more tailored Cloud
services, see : http://tinyurl.com/3xadehz

I'm wondering if there's a good angle in creating a full SaaS version of
this, ie as I suggest in the blog, 'Open Civic Engagement, as a Service'

That, and in general helping hosters develop more Plone-friendly services
is something I'd love to explore.

cheers, Neil.