Re: Digest for plonechix@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

sisi nutt

Jun 2, 2010, 8:51:16 AM6/2/10
to plon...@googlegroups.com
I love QA! No, seriously. I'm in there like swim wear :-)

But apparently I'm already on the UI team, and that needs to be my priority.

I find QA to be weirdly medatative though. I'll add my email to the list.

btw, I'm sorry I've never introduced myself to this list. Though I've
been lurking since the beginning. I'm sisi. I worked for many years as
a plone integrator (among other things) for a large NGO, and since
last summer I've been working as a UI designer on a rails project
called crabgrass.

I still love the plone community though, and am trying to keep active.
I'm super happy this list exists.

Cheers,
sisi

On 2 June 2010 13:40, <plonechi...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>   Today's Topic Summary
>
> Group: http://groups.google.com/group/plonechix/topics
>
> QA Team [1 Update]
>
>  Topic: QA Team
>
> Elizabeth Leddy <elizabe...@gmail.com> Jun 01 06:03PM -0700 ^
>
> Me again!
>
> Plone is looking to ramp up a QA team for Plone 4 releases, starting at 4.1
> if I recall correctly. I know that no one likes QA, but if we have a
> gagillion people it will be super easy. I'm sure it will take a while to get
> things organized but if you are at all interested, please subscribe:

> Note that QA team does not imply writing unit tests or code, although there
> is a potential for that. If you like arguing with developers in defense of
> the end user, please join in the discussion too - it's my hope that the team
> will have full authority to block releases if they are deemed unfit for end
> users! Ping me for more info.
>
> Thanks and happy memorial day all!
>
> Liz

Elizabeth Leddy

Jun 2, 2010, 1:01:36 PM6/2/10
to plon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sisi -

Glad to hear from you! I think introductions are a great idea actually, and if anyone else wants to introduce themselves either on the list and/or on the wiki page (http://plonechix.pbworks.com/Meet-the-PloneChix) that would be great. I would also be interested in hearing what everyone is working on these days, plone or not. It's always good to see where the community is planting seeds :)

Looking forward to hearing from you on the QA list!

Liz

Lucie Lejard

Jun 3, 2010, 10:17:00 AM6/3/10
to plon...@googlegroups.com
I subscribed to the qa list. I am not sure I'll do anything special,
but at least I'll know what is going on.
Lucie
--
six feet up, inc. | "Nowhere to go but open source"
Direct Line +1 (317) 861-5948 x605

Elizabeth Leddy

Jun 3, 2010, 11:39:37 AM6/3/10
to plon...@googlegroups.com
Awesome! Even just commenting on threads is a valued contribution. See you around!