Title: Fortinet Firewall Engineer
Location: Atlanta, GA
Terms: Contract/ CTH
Note - Need GC or Citizen Only
The Sr. Firewall Engineer is responsible for designing security infrastructure, validating designs, and supporting operations functions to improve security. The Senior Security Firewall Engineer functions as part of a store support team performing critical support tasks ensuring network functionality is available and performing properly. The candidate will work from the customer onsite location in Atlanta Georgia.
Required / Desired Knowledge, Experiences and Skills:
- 7+ years of experience engineering solutions for global network environments based on Cisco / Fortinet technologies is required with strong network management skills.
- The candidate should possess a strong understanding of network protocols, security vulnerabilities, web application attacks, and cyber-hacking techniques.
- A thorough understanding of how applications communicate over the network and when firewalls perform Network Address Translation, Port Address Translation, and mapped IP addressing is preferred.
- This role requires strong trouble-shooting skills, security and network knowledge as well as a firm grasp of current events and new technologies in the security space.
- An in-depth understanding of Fortinet firewalls, Application Proxy, Circuit Gateway, Packet Forwarding, Packet Filter, and Deep Packet Inspection Firewalls and the differences and benefits.
- Able to develop test plans and test cases, tools and infrastructure to improve quality and efficiency of perimeter security and defense
- Identify configuration or policy flaws and gaps that increase risk or violate information security requirements.
- Interact with cross-functional teams to review product requirements, functional specifications and detail designs.
- Support incident response and problem management teams by providing containment actions, cyber-hacking and containment solutions, and incident analysis as it relates to firewalls.
The ideal candidate would have several of the following:
- Fortinet Experience (Mandatory)
- CCSE (Checkpoint Certified System Engineer)
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- Aruba Wireless products, Cisco, Hive or similar is also applicable
- Proxy experience
- Site to Site VPN design experience
- Experience with IPS/IDS technologies
- Knowledge in LANs/WAN technology, Internet technology, experience in routing and network protocols
- Strong ability to produce technical documentation
- Experience as a solutions architect or integrator.