Comprehensive Plone 4 Intensive Training, January 3 - 5, 2012

David Bain

Dec 20, 2011, 8:02:11 AM12/20/11
to plone-users-jamaica
This is just a "heads up" about upcoming training.....

Learn Plone 4 for the New Year. This will be the most comprehensive Plone workshop I have ever undertaken. The goal is that you will be a confident about developing for Plone 4 by the end of the workshop.

Who Should Attend?:
  • If you already use Plone in your organization and you're the person that is required to do the backend programming
  • If you will be deploying web applications that rely heavily on a content management system (e.g. intranets, membership and group management systems, etc...) Want to rapidly gain masterly in a powerful framework.

Prerequisites:
This is meant to be intensive so we make the following assumptions. You have built or customized a web application/intranet before. You have a good understanding of HTML,CSS and experience writing (not copying) code in a programming language such as Javascript, Python, PHP, C, C++, Flash/Actionscript, Perl, Ruby, C#, Java or Coldfusion. Python experience is preferred but not mandated.

Dates:
January 3,4 and 5 (just lock off the days)

Cost:
Firstly the cost for this workshop will be $30,000 per person. I will be renting facilities and will need to cover my overheads. UWI students with web programming experience (especially Python) may apply to attend at significantly reduced rates.

Contact Hours:
24 hours (3 x 8 hour sessions, there will be a lunch and snack break)

Topics:
We will cover the following:

Day 1 - Design and Content Management
  • The Diazo Theming System (plone.app.theming)
  • Javascript and AJAX in Plone
  • Information Architecture and Plone
  • Add-ons and useful techniques
Day 2 - Development with Plone
  • A Typical Developer Toolkit
    • Using Buildout
    • Dexterity
    • A standard workflow
  • Building your first Add-on
  • Custom Views (Page Templates)
  • Creating Standalone Forms
  • Custom Control Panels and Ajax
Day 3 - Build a complete system from scratch

Valdeck Rowe

Jan 2, 2012, 4:49:45 PM1/2/12
to plone-use...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Just checking in for an update on the Plone 4 training session you have planned.

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

-----

"We do not need more intellectual power, we need more spiritual power. We do not need more of the things that are seen, we need more of the things that are unseen."

Michael Dixon

Jan 2, 2012, 7:33:42 PM1/2/12
to plone-use...@googlegroups.com
David,

I am going to place this information on Facebook in the developers group.  May I take the liberty of placing your email as the contact information?

Regards

Michael Dixon
PO Box 5034
Kingston 6