I am using Quills Enabled on Plone 3.3.5 and was wondering if it is
possible to get the texteditor in the description field.
Would like to be able to add images ore embedded stuff on the
Without looking into it closely I'd say know as the description field by
default only accepts text. You could use something like
archetypes.schemaextender, though, and see if you can change the field
to a RichText field. But I'm unsure how that would effect the indexing
and the Dublin Core metadata so YMMV.
It's not quite as simple as that. We have done this for a couple of
clients before. We did the following:
- Add a rich text field via schema extender with the label
- Hide the original description field
- Create a subscriber to turn the rich text field into plain text and
store that in the Description field so that it shows up in search
templates, etc. properly.
- Description isn't a viewlet on the stock templates in plone, so you
will have to override those templates if need be (Quills is probably
- Create a custom rich_description index that gets the rich text if
it is available, or falls back to the plain text version if the type
wasn't extended. This was for the folder_listing pages and the like.
That's how we accomplished it for the stock types in Plone. But it still
applies to what you are trying to do.