New release for Quills

JC Brand

Mar 24, 2011, 8:43:59 AM3/24/11
to Plone: quills
Hi all,

I've sent this exact email two weeks ago and never got a reply. Now I
don't find it here in Google groups, so I'm posting it again in the
hopes that someone will help out.

Some weeks ago, I contacted Tom von Schwerdtner via Plone.org to ask
him if we can make a new release of Quills.

I haven't yet gotten a reply from him, and seeing as Quills hasn't had
proper release since 2009, it seems as if it's not really being
maintained anymore.

There's even now a warning on plone.org which mentions that Quills
hasn't had a release in over a year.

See here:
http://plone.org/products/quills

I am currently forced to use trunk checkouts of plone.app.quills and
Products.Quills for my website and I would instead like to make
releases
of these packages so that I can use the pinned eggs.

I'm using the trunks to get Plone 4 compatibility and also because of
recent bugfix I contributed.

I would be happy to release these packages myself and even to take
over
the general maintenance of Quills if Tom von Schwerdtner is not able
spend any time on it anymore.

To be conservative, we can make an initial alpha or beta release.

Is there anyone who can help with this? Either by making new releases
of
of the Quills packages or giving me release rights on Pypi?

My Pypi id is "jcbrand"

Unfortunately, AFAIK, we still have this annoying bug that only the
owner of the product page in Plone.org can release new eggs there.

So if we want the Plone.org product page for Quills to have the newest
eggs, we need the product page's owner to release the eggs there, or
change the owner to someone else who would.

Thanks
JC Brand

jedek

Mar 28, 2011, 2:29:17 PM3/28/11
to Plone: quills
Would be great to have QuillsEnabled/Quills for Plone 4. Combined
with this enhancement http://tinyurl.com/47rxwd9 can make it a first
choose blogengines.

Jan-Carel Brand

Mar 28, 2011, 5:11:01 PM3/28/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
So far no-one has responded to any of my requests for release
rights. :-/
Not sure what else I should do...

Dennis J Harrison Jr

Mar 28, 2011, 6:18:05 PM3/28/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Jan-Carel Brand <li...@opkode.com> wrote:
So far no-one has responded to any of my requests for release
rights. :-/
Not sure what else I should do...

You should fork it, and release.  I don't use plone anymore, and have very few professional python gigs these days.  I just couldn't lurk here any longer while you were ignored.  Quills Enabled was one of the better designed Plone products.

On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 11:29 -0700, jedek wrote:
> Would be great to have QuillsEnabled/Quills for Plone 4.  Combined
> with this enhancement http://tinyurl.com/47rxwd9 can make it a first
> choose blogengines.

The description field on content should stay text.  If you're looking for a rich text area to be displayed in Quills views, you should also for it and add that.  Changing the description to rich text would invalidate all sorts of other aspects of Plone.

Also, I am sorry... here I am giving the half-assed answer I used to hate getting from people 'in the community'.  But, the reality is that, you're asking for something that is so simple to add - that I can tell just by your asking, you have no way to implement it.  I think the best thing I can do for you is to tell you that... I used to 'know' where to go to look for adding this functionality, but I can't in good conscience send you down that path.  What you're looking for is to just add a rich text field to one of the Quills Enabled (able - it's adapted I think?) types, and then modify the views with the appropriate code to display that (whether you wrap it in a try, or an if, or you use another catalog, or whatever ... is up to you).

What I will say is this: What you want done, shouldn't be this complicated to do.  And, when Plone isn't your CMS of choice, it doesn't have to be.  Plone does a LOT out of the box, and because of that, design decisions have been made for you, and modifying things outside of that scope, will introduce a lot of complexities at a near 90 degree learning curve.

Sorry to hijack this thread guys.  I wish I could help either of you.  I TOTALLY understand the frustration :(

--
Dennis

> On 24 mrt, 14:43, JC Brand <li...@opkode.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've sent this exact email two weeks ago and never got a reply. Now I
> > don't find it here in Google groups, so I'm posting it again in the
> > hopes that someone will help out.

Jan-Carel Brand

Mar 29, 2011, 4:12:27 AM3/29/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com

I basically agree with Dennis. You can make the description RichText by
using an ISchemaModifier adapter. Look in archetypes.schemaextender for
info on how to do this.

JC

> > On 24 mrt, 14:43, JC Brand <li...@opkode.com> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've sent this exact email two weeks ago and never got a
> reply. Now I
> > > don't find it here in Google groups, so I'm posting it
> again in the
> > > hopes that someone will help out.
> > >

> --

> +unsub...@googlegroups.com.

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/plone-quills?hl=en.
>

> --

> +unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Jan-Carel Brand

Mar 29, 2011, 6:45:04 AM3/29/11
to Plone: quills
Just an update.

Tim Hicks gave me release rights on Pypi (and anonymous gave it to me on
plone.org).

I'll soon make new Plone4 compatible releases of the Quills products.

Thanks

Tim Knapp - Emerge Technology

Mar 29, 2011, 7:50:00 AM3/29/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, great news!

Carl Brewer

Mar 29, 2011, 9:43:43 PM3/29/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
On 29/03/2011 9:45 PM, Jan-Carel Brand wrote:
> Just an update.
>
> Tim Hicks gave me release rights on Pypi (and anonymous gave it to me on
> plone.org).
>
> I'll soon make new Plone4 compatible releases of the Quills products.

This is fantastic news. I have an older Plone 2.5 site with years of
quills blogs on it, being able to bring it up to Plone 4 will be
brilliant. Out of curiosity, is there any doco on how to migrate from
older quills blogs to the current version?

Thank you

Carl

Tim Knapp - Emerge Technology

Mar 29, 2011, 9:45:31 PM3/29/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 12:43 +1100, Carl Brewer wrote:
> On 29/03/2011 9:45 PM, Jan-Carel Brand wrote:
> > Just an update.
> >
> > Tim Hicks gave me release rights on Pypi (and anonymous gave it to me on
> > plone.org).
> >
> > I'll soon make new Plone4 compatible releases of the Quills products.
>

> This is fantastic news. I have an older Plone 2.5 site with years of
> quills blogs on it, being able to bring it up to Plone 4 will be
> brilliant. Out of curiosity, is there any doco on how to migrate from
> older quills blogs to the current version?

Just re-install afaik. Maurits Van Rees used an upgrade step to
implement the upgrade code so should be as simple as that.

-Tim

Jan-Carel Brand

Mar 30, 2011, 11:08:37 AM3/30/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 14:45 +1300, Tim Knapp - Emerge Technology wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 12:43 +1100, Carl Brewer wrote:
> > On 29/03/2011 9:45 PM, Jan-Carel Brand wrote:
> > > Just an update.
> > >
> > > Tim Hicks gave me release rights on Pypi (and anonymous gave it to me on
> > > plone.org).
> > >
> > > I'll soon make new Plone4 compatible releases of the Quills products.
> >

> > This is fantastic news. I have an older Plone 2.5 site with years of
> > quills blogs on it, being able to bring it up to Plone 4 will be
> > brilliant. Out of curiosity, is there any doco on how to migrate from
> > older quills blogs to the current version?
>
> Just re-install afaik. Maurits Van Rees used an upgrade step to
> implement the upgrade code so should be as simple as that.

Just another update. I don't have much free time at the moment, but I
managed to release quills.app 1.8 alpha 1.
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/quills.app/1.8a1

This is not yet enough for full Plone4 compatibility of Quills (we need
a new release of Products.Quills as well).

I'll try to get it out some time tomorrow.

Cheers
JC

Bleve

Apr 10, 2011, 5:47:49 AM4/10/11
to Plone: quills

On Mar 31, 1:08 am, Jan-Carel Brand <li...@opkode.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 14:45 +1300, Tim Knapp - Emerge Technology wrote:

> > > This is fantastic news.  I have an older Plone 2.5 site with years of
> > > quills blogs on it, being able to bring it up to Plone 4 will be
> > > brilliant.  Out of curiosity, is there any doco on how to migrate from
> > > older quills blogs to the current version?
>
> > Just re-install afaik. Maurits Van Rees used an upgrade step to
> > implement the upgrade code so should be as simple as that.
>
> Just another update. I don't have much free time at the moment, but I
> managed to release quills.app 1.8 alpha 1.http://pypi.python.org/pypi/quills.app/1.8a1
>
> This is not yet enough for full Plone4 compatibility of Quills (we need
> a new release of Products.Quills as well).
>
> I'll try to get it out some time tomorrow.

Dumb question: How do I pull that version into a 4.(1b1) buildout? and
how's the rest of the port going? Quills is deeply used amongst many
of my (now very old!) plone sites, where do I send beer?!

Jan-Carel Brand

Apr 10, 2011, 2:44:01 PM4/10/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 02:47 -0700, Bleve wrote:

> On Mar 31, 1:08 am, Jan-Carel Brand <li...@opkode.com> wrote:

> > > Just re-install afaik. Maurits Van Rees used an upgrade step to
> > > implement the upgrade code so should be as simple as that.
> >
> > Just another update. I don't have much free time at the moment, but I
> > managed to release quills.app 1.8 alpha 1.http://pypi.python.org/pypi/quills.app/1.8a1
> >
> > This is not yet enough for full Plone4 compatibility of Quills (we need
> > a new release of Products.Quills as well).
> >
> > I'll try to get it out some time tomorrow.
>
> Dumb question: How do I pull that version into a 4.(1b1) buildout? and
> how's the rest of the port going? Quills is deeply used amongst many
> of my (now very old!) plone sites, where do I send beer?!

Hi Carl

I've released Products.Quills and Products.QuillsEnabled tonight.
Here's a blogpost I wrote about it:
http://opkode.net/media/blog/2011/04/10/plone-4-compatible-release-of-quills

I personally don't use Products.QuillsEnabled at all and I don't so much
see why it needed to be a separate egg. As far as I can see, it is just
some BrowserViews for the Weblog and WeblogEntry objects.

In any case, Products.Quills, Products.QuillsEnabled and quills.app are
now all at version 1.8a1. (The other packages don't need new releases
because they are still Plone 4 compatible).

You can just add Products.Quills (and Products.QuillsEnabled if you use
it) to your *eggs* section in your buildout, and if you pin your
versions, just make sure that it's pinned to 1.8a1.

I haven't tested these packages on Plone 4.1b1 though! Only 4.0.3, so if
you run into problems let me know.

About beer, if you go to the SF conference I would hopefully see you
there ;)

Regards
JC

Bleve

Apr 10, 2011, 7:06:00 PM4/10/11
to Plone: quills
IT's close ...

my buildout, when run, shows :

*************** PICKED VERSIONS ****************
[versions]
Products.Quills = 1.8a1
Products.QuillsEnabled = 1.8a1
Products.RichDocument = 3.2
quills.app = 1.8a1
quills.core = 1.7.0

Not sure why it's showing quills.core at 1.7.0?

The eggs lines :
eggs =
Plone
PIL
Products.Quills
Products.QuillsEnabled
quills.app
quills.core

(not sure if they're all necessary?)

And at run time, I see this through the ZMI :

Broken Because Product is Gone
quills_tool (This object from the Quills product is broken!)

and if I try and access the quills blog I get tracebacks:

Traceback (innermost last):
Module Products.Five.browser.metaconfigure, line 476, in __call__
Module Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile, line 125, in __call__
Module Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile, line 59, in __call__
Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 113, in pt_render
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 888, in do_useMacro
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 533, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 518, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 513, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 954, in do_defineSlot
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 533, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 518, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 513, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 858, in do_defineMacro
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 852, in do_condition
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 742, in do_insertStructure_tal
Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 218, in
evaluateStructure
Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
- Line 114, Column 20
- Expression: <StringExpr u'plone.contentviews'>
- Names:
{'args': (),
'container': <Weblog at /sss/running-the-series>,
'context': <Weblog at /sss/running-the-series>,
'default': <object object at 0x7f7ffd00fb40>,
'here': <Weblog at /sss/running-the-series>,
'loop': {},
'nothing': None,
'options': {},
'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping
object at 0x7f7fed135f18>,
'request': <HTTPRequest, URL=http://rollcage.bl.echidna.id.au:
8410/sss/running-the-series/weblog_view>,
'root': <Application at >,
'template':
<Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewPageTemplateFile object at
0x7f7fed1b92d0>,
'traverse_subpath': [],
'user': <PropertiedUser 'admin'>,
'view': <Products.Five.metaclass.SimpleViewClass from /home/
zope/Plone-4.1b1/buildout-cache/eggs/quills.app-1.8a1-py2.6.egg/quills/
app/browser/weblog_view.pt object at 0x7f7fed78cc10>,
'views': <Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewMapper
object at 0x7f7fed7944d0>}
Module zope.contentprovider.tales, line 80, in __call__
Module plone.app.viewletmanager.manager, line 154, in render
Module plone.app.viewletmanager.manager, line 85, in render
Module plone.app.layout.viewlets.common, line 48, in render
Module Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile, line 125, in __call__
Module Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile, line 59, in __call__
Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 113, in pt_render
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 852, in do_condition
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 533, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 518, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 513, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 531, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 513, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 742, in do_insertStructure_tal
Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 218, in
evaluateStructure
Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
- Line 32, Column 8
- Expression: <StringExpr u'plone.contentmenu'>
- Names:
{'args': (),
'container': <Weblog at /sss/running-the-series>,
'context': <Weblog at /sss/running-the-series>,
'default': <object object at 0x7f7ffd00fb40>,
'here': <Weblog at /sss/running-the-series>,
'loop': {},
'nothing': None,
'options': {},
'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping
object at 0x7f7fed135e10>,
'request': <HTTPRequest, URL=http://rollcage.bl.echidna.id.au:
8410/sss/running-the-series/weblog_view>,
'root': <Application at >,
'template':
<Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewPageTemplateFile object at
0x7f7fee1487d0>,
'traverse_subpath': [],
'user': <PropertiedUser 'admin'>,
'view':
<Products.Five.viewlet.metaconfigure.ContentActionsViewlet object at
0x7f7febbda990>,
'views': <Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewMapper
object at 0x7f7fec94f5d0>}
Module zope.contentprovider.tales, line 80, in __call__
Module plone.app.contentmenu.view, line 25, in render
Module Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile, line 125, in __call__
Module Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile, line 59, in __call__
Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 113, in pt_render
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 583, in do_setLocal_tal
Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
- Line 1, Column 0
- Expression: <PathExpr standard:u'view/menu'>
- Names:
{'args': (),
'container': <Weblog at /sss/running-the-series>,
'context': <Weblog at /sss/running-the-series>,
'default': <object object at 0x7f7ffd00fb40>,
'here': <Weblog at /sss/running-the-series>,
'loop': {},
'nothing': None,
'options': {},
'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping
object at 0x7f7fed135db8>,
'request': <HTTPRequest, URL=http://rollcage.bl.echidna.id.au:
8410/sss/running-the-series/weblog_view>,
'root': <Application at >,
'template':
<Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewPageTemplateFile object at
0x7f7feeb92250>,
'traverse_subpath': [],
'user': <PropertiedUser 'admin'>,
'view': <plone.app.contentmenu.view.ContentMenuProvider object
at 0x7f7fec82ef50>,
'views': <Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewMapper
object at 0x7f7fec809750>}
Module zope.tales.expressions, line 217, in __call__
Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 155, in _eval
Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 117, in render
Module plone.app.contentmenu.view, line 34, in menu
Module zope.browsermenu.menu, line 53, in getMenuItems
Module plone.memoize.instance, line 45, in memogetter
Module plone.app.contentmenu.menu, line 180, in available
Module Products.CMFDynamicViewFTI.browserdefault, line 211, in
getAvailableLayouts
AttributeError: getAvailableViewMethods

Is this maybe because the quills.core is 1.7? I'm not sure how to
make it bump to 1.8a1

Jan-Carel Brand

Apr 11, 2011, 2:57:03 AM4/11/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 16:06 -0700, Bleve wrote:
> IT's close ...
>
> my buildout, when run, shows :
>
> *************** PICKED VERSIONS ****************
> [versions]
> Products.Quills = 1.8a1
> Products.QuillsEnabled = 1.8a1
> Products.RichDocument = 3.2
> quills.app = 1.8a1
> quills.core = 1.7.0
>

> Not sure why it's showing quills.core at 1.7.0?

It's correct that quills.core is at 1.7.0 because it wasn't necessary to
make a new release of it.

I've taken a quick look at your traceback and the problem seems to
appear when Plone wants to render the "display" menu on the green edit
bar.

What the deeper problem is, I don't know. I suspect it could be one of
two things. Either this is a Plone 4.1b issue that I'm not aware of yet,
or you are using an old Data.fs that has display views registered that
don't exist in the code anymore.

If you are using an old Data.fs, could you perhaps try to start up with
a new blank Data.fs and see if things then work?

I'll try to set up a Plone 4.1b site with Quills later today, to see if
I can replicate the problem.

Cheers
JC

Carl Brewer

Apr 11, 2011, 3:40:59 AM4/11/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
On 11/04/2011 4:57 PM, Jan-Carel Brand wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-04-10 at 16:06 -0700, Bleve wrote:
>> IT's close ...
>>
>> my buildout, when run, shows :
>>
>> *************** PICKED VERSIONS ****************
>> [versions]
>> Products.Quills = 1.8a1
>> Products.QuillsEnabled = 1.8a1
>> Products.RichDocument = 3.2
>> quills.app = 1.8a1
>> quills.core = 1.7.0
>>

>> Not sure why it's showing quills.core at 1.7.0?
>
> It's correct that quills.core is at 1.7.0 because it wasn't necessary to
> make a new release of it.
>
> I've taken a quick look at your traceback and the problem seems to
> appear when Plone wants to render the "display" menu on the green edit
> bar.
>
> What the deeper problem is, I don't know. I suspect it could be one of
> two things. Either this is a Plone 4.1b issue that I'm not aware of yet,
> or you are using an old Data.fs that has display views registered that
> don't exist in the code anymore.

I can try it with 4.0.x, I have a few of them lying around, but yes it's
an old (1.5?) quills install I'm trying to work with. I can browse the
archived quills entries via the ZMI (can't see anything in them as such,
but they're there, hard to describe ...).

I'm happy to give you admin on the site to have a fiddle around, if that
would help?

Carl Brewer

Apr 11, 2011, 5:42:41 AM4/11/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com

I created a new plone site (in the same data.fs), it created a quills
blog easily enough :

http://rollcage.bl.echidna.id.au:8410/foo/test/

but if I try and configure it :

Traceback (innermost last):

Module zope.formlib.form, line 800, in __call__
Module zope.formlib.form, line 790, in render
Module zope.browserpage.viewpagetemplatefile, line 83, in __call__
Module zope.browserpage.viewpagetemplatefile, line 51, in __call__

Module zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplate, line 113, in pt_render
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 271, in __call__
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret

Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 858, in do_defineMacro
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret

Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 906, in do_extendMacro

Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 888, in do_useMacro
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 533, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 518, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 513, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 888, in do_useMacro
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 533, in do_optTag_tal
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 518, in do_optTag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 513, in no_tag
Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 343, in interpret

Module zope.tal.talinterpreter, line 583, in do_setLocal_tal
Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
file:/home/zope/Plone-4.1b1/buildout-cache/eggs/plonetheme.sunburst-1.1.2-py2.6.egg/plonetheme/sunburst/skins/sunburst_templates/main_template.pt
- Line 51, Column 0
- Expression: <PythonExpr plone_view.bodyClass(template, view)>
- Names:
{'args': (),
'context': <Weblog at /foo/test>,

'default': <object object at 0x7f7ffd00fb40>,

'loop': {},
'nothing': None,
'options': {},

'repeat': {},
'request': <HTTPRequest,
URL=http://rollcage.bl.echidna.id.au:8410/foo/test/config_view>,
'template':
<zope.browserpage.viewpagetemplatefile.ViewPageTemplateFile object at
0x7f7fef517ed0>,
'view': <Products.Five.metaclass.StateAwareWeblogConfigEditForm
object at 0x7f7fe730bf50>,
'views': <zope.browserpage.viewpagetemplatefile.ViewMapper
object at 0x7f7fe7315f90>}
Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 48, in __call__
- __traceback_info__: plone_view.bodyClass(template, view)
Module PythonExpr, line 1, in <expression>
Module Products.CMFPlone.browser.ploneview, line 309, in bodyClass
Module plone.app.layout.globals.layout, line 130, in bodyClass
AttributeError: 'ViewPageTemplateFile' object has no attribute 'getId'

I'll try it with a totally empty data.fs next

(all still on 4.1b1)

Carl Brewer

Apr 11, 2011, 5:48:06 AM4/11/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com

Ok, totally new, vanilla Data.fs, I can create a quills weblog, but if I
click on 'configure' it barfs (plone 4.1b1) :

[...]

'context': <Weblog at /Plone/test>,

URL=http://rollcage.bl.echidna.id.au:8410/Plone/test/config_view>,
'template':
<zope.browserpage.viewpagetemplatefile.ViewPageTemplateFile object at
0x7f7fef317e90>,
'view': <Products.Five.metaclass.StateAwareWeblogConfigEditForm
object at 0x7f7fea13a790>,
'views': <zope.browserpage.viewpagetemplatefile.ViewMapper
object at 0x7f7fea2129d0>}

Carl Brewer

Apr 11, 2011, 6:22:15 AM4/11/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com

I tried a totally new 4.0.4 plone and new data.fs, and it works 100% (at
last everything I've tested so far)

am about to try it with my old Data.fs ... let's see!

Carl Brewer

Apr 11, 2011, 6:34:00 AM4/11/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
The old Data.fs fails also with 4.0.4, so there's something in it that's
unhappy. I *can* get at the individual entries via the ZMI and save
them, for example :

url:http://rollcage.bl.echidna.id.au:8404/sss/running-the-series/archive/2007/07/18/club-approval
meta_type:WeblogEntry
title:Club Approval
content_type:text/plain
auth:Basic YWRtaW46yapyapWVyMzM=
cookie:tree-s="eJzTyCkw5NLIdssdsdffrXW3WuAmOuRKCECUjWFCHrZKhvAJI140oEAj0A/fMPrQ";
I18N_LANGUAGE="en";
__ac="b2/NKZObcmZHOd/vz0cBwswaskzoACd%2BSsA89Iduh4w0ZGExNWY2MmNhcmwh"

id: club-approval
title: Club Approval
location:
contributors:
creators: carl
effectiveDate: 2007/07/18 23:55:56.709000 US/Eastern
expirationDate: None
language:
rights:
creation_date: 2007/07/18 23:50:8.738000 US/Eastern
modification_date: 2007/07/18 23:55:56.711000 US/Eastern
text:

ahead with the series this summer. We'll be running it once a month, so
there'll be 5 rounds, not 10, but that's ok. Details soon, but I can
now start promoting the series at DISC etc. Thankyou to everyone to
came to the Blackburn meeting tonight for their input and ideas.
Thankyou in particular to John Nicholson (Nicko, BBN club president) for
his input and his concern about the effects the series can have. John,
we'll do our best to make this series grow the sport and get more people
racing, not less, and I believe that it will compliment, not compete
with, with the Saturday track program.</p>

subject: race planning
allowDiscussion: True

So that much, at least, is good, but I can't get a view for it working -
if it turns out that it simply can't be grabbed, is it possible to
extract the data via the ZMI (copy the "archive" directory?) and then
add it into a new instance somehow?

Carl Brewer

Apr 11, 2011, 7:02:52 AM4/11/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
On 11/04/2011 8:34 PM, Carl Brewer wrote:
> The old Data.fs fails also with 4.0.4, so there's something in it that's
> unhappy.

I wonder if any of this might help? :

http://claytron.com/blog/2008/12/29/upgraded-to-plone-3.1.7

my existing quills blog is 1.5.0RC3, similar to that which is described
in the above blog entry.

Jan-Carel Brand

Apr 11, 2011, 7:12:42 AM4/11/11
to plone-quills
Ok, so we know that Plone 4.1b1 is still a problem. Thanks for testing
that.

You mentioned that you would give me admin rights on your instance to
check what can be done.

Would you consider giving me the Data.fs instead so that I can test it
on my own machine?

I realise that this might be a security risk for you, but if it wouldn't
be a problem, then it would be the easiest way for me to help.
We could share it via dropbox for example. Please contact me off the
list if you want to discuss the details.

In any case, could you provide the traceback for Plone 4.0.4 and the old
Data.fs? Perhaps I can see from that what the problem i

Thanks
JC

Jan-Carel Brand

Apr 11, 2011, 7:26:35 AM4/11/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com

Definitely looks worth a try!

Carl Brewer

Apr 11, 2011, 7:30:05 PM4/11/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com

I did that, made no difference (assuming I did it correctly, which is
maybe a flawed assumtion!)

Carl Brewer

Apr 11, 2011, 7:33:28 PM4/11/11
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
On 11/04/2011 9:12 PM, Jan-Carel Brand wrote:
> Ok, so we know that Plone 4.1b1 is still a problem. Thanks for testing
> that.
>
> You mentioned that you would give me admin rights on your instance to
> check what can be done.
>
> Would you consider giving me the Data.fs instead so that I can test it
> on my own machine?

Sure, we should organise this offline, ca...@bl.echidna.id.au is my email
address, send me an email direct and I'll pop the file somewhere you can
get it (it's big ... but I will strip the irrelevant sites out of it)

> I realise that this might be a security risk for you, but if it wouldn't
> be a problem, then it would be the easiest way for me to help.
> We could share it via dropbox for example. Please contact me off the
> list if you want to discuss the details.
>
> In any case, could you provide the traceback for Plone 4.0.4 and the old

> Data.fs? Perhaps I can see from that what the problem is

Traceback (innermost last):

Module Products.Five.browser.metaconfigure, line 477, in __call__
Module Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile, line 126, in __call__
Module Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile, line 60, in __call__

[...]

Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 220, in evaluateStructure

Module zope.tales.tales, line 696, in evaluate
file:/home/zope/Plone-4.0.4/buildout-cache/eggs/Plone-4.0.4-py2.6.egg/Products/CMFPlone/skins/plone_templates/main_template.pt
- Line 113, Column 20

- Expression: <StringExpr u'plone.contentviews'>
- Names:
{'args': (),
'container': <Weblog at /sss/running-the-series>,

'context': <Weblog at /sss/running-the-series>,
'default': <object object at 0x7f7ffd00eb00>,
'here': <Weblog at /sss/running-the-series>,

'loop': {},
'nothing': None,
'options': {},

'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.Expressions.SafeMapping object
at 0x7f7fe9731d60>,
'request': <HTTPRequest,
URL=http://rollcage.bl.echidna.id.au:8404/sss/running-the-series/weblog_view>,

'root': <Application at >,
'template':
<Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewPageTemplateFile object at

0x7f7fed8c0590>,

'traverse_subpath': [],
'user': <PropertiedUser 'admin'>,
'view': <Products.Five.metaclass.SimpleViewClass from

/home/zope/Plone-4.0.4/buildout-cache/eggs/quills.app-1.8a1-py2.6.egg/quills/app/browser/weblog_view.pt
object at 0x7f7fe9737150>,
'views': <Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewMapper
object at 0x7f7fe9737f10>}

[...]

at 0x7f7fe97312b8>,
'request': <HTTPRequest,
URL=http://rollcage.bl.echidna.id.au:8404/sss/running-the-series/weblog_view>,

'root': <Application at >,
'template':
<Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewPageTemplateFile object at

0x7f7fee4b4550>,

'traverse_subpath': [],
'user': <PropertiedUser 'admin'>,
'view':
<Products.Five.viewlet.metaconfigure.ContentActionsViewlet object at

0x7f7fe972e350>,
'views': <Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewMapper
object at 0x7f7fe972e090>}

[...]

at 0x7f7fe9731680>,
'request': <HTTPRequest,
URL=http://rollcage.bl.echidna.id.au:8404/sss/running-the-series/weblog_view>,

'root': <Application at >,
'template':
<Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewPageTemplateFile object at

0x7f7fef42e110>,

'traverse_subpath': [],
'user': <PropertiedUser 'admin'>,
'view': <plone.app.contentmenu.view.ContentMenuProvider object

at 0x7f7fe972ef50>,
'views': <Products.Five.browser.pagetemplatefile.ViewMapper
object at 0x7f7fe972ea10>}

Module zope.tales.expressions, line 217, in __call__

Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 157, in _eval
Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 119, in render

Module plone.app.contentmenu.view, line 34, in menu

Module zope.app.publisher.browser.menu, line 60, in getMenuItems