spam bummer

Matt Fisher

Sep 22, 2009, 10:25:50 AM9/22/09
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

A quick check of the google groups discussions list shows 10 of the last 10 posts to this list were spam.

Don't suppose there's anything we can do about that...?

m_f

Tim Hicks

Sep 27, 2009, 8:35:19 AM9/27/09
to plone-...@googlegroups.com

I'm not sure what we can do about this. We already block non-member
email addresses from posting (as I just discovered when I tried to post
from one of my unsubscribed addresses). If anyone has any ideas, I'd
love to hear them.

Tim

Tim Knapp

Sep 27, 2009, 3:13:00 PM9/27/09
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
There is an option along the lines of 'moderate postings by new members'
or something. I've seen that implemented on other Google Groups with
great success.

-Tim (the other one)

> Tim

Jan Hackel

Sep 30, 2009, 4:18:22 AM9/30/09
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
Via the Google Groups site you can classify a message as spam. I do not know
how effective that is. Maybe the more people do it, the more effective it
becomes. You have to be a little careful though: I accidentally marked Per's
recent bug report as spam (who likes bug reports anyway?), and there is no way
to undo it :-(.

Grüße
Jan Hackel