TopicTraverser name clash

1 view

Per Thulin

Sep 29, 2009, 4:45:50 AM9/29/09
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

In trunk of quills.app.traversal, line 148 looks to see if the name
can be found by the parent traverser. This causes the keyword 'plone'
to match the Plone view:

<Products.Five.metaclass.Plone object at ...>

(http://dev.plone.org/collective/changeset/89344/quills.app/trunk/quills/app/traversal.py)

Can this be avoided in a way that fits everyones need? Looking at the
commit comments, this has been implemented to not break relative URLs
in the blog entries and something about the first name being an image:

# The first name might denote a content object to be acquired,
# e.g. an image. In that case we're done.

(http://dev.plone.org/collective/browser/quills.app/trunk/quills/app/traversal.py?rev=88258)

Why would it be? If this solution was done because of relative image
URLs, shouldn't they be transformed to absolute URLs instead?

Regars,
Per Thulin

Jan Hackel

Sep 29, 2009, 7:00:21 AM9/29/09
to plone-...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday 29 September 2009 Per Thulin wrote:
> In trunk of quills.app.traversal, line 148 looks to see if the name
> can be found by the parent traverser. This causes the keyword 'plone'
> to match the Plone view:

I see. Please file a bug report.

> Can this be avoided in a way that fits everyones need? Looking at the
> commit comments, this has been implemented to not break relative URLs
> in the blog entries and something about the first name being an image:

> Why would it be? If this solution was done because of relative image
> URLs, shouldn't they be transformed to absolute URLs instead?

I cannot imagine how. The relative image URLs are there because the blogger
put them there (or his remote blogging tool did it). It's perfectly legal with
Plone, though probably cache unfriendly.

Maybe it would be possible to give keywords precedence before content and
views. At least for keywords used by the blog.

The true problem is another. It is the inherent ambiguity of the virtual URLs.
In my opinion they (especially topic URLs) should disappear in a later Quills
release. After all, keywords are parameters to a query and should be
represented as such in an URL.

Grüße
Jan Hackel