[Evangelism] How can I post local users event on Plone.org site?

Shigeo Honda

Jan 18, 2013, 3:18:26 AM1/18/13
to evang...@lists.plone.org
Hi

Sorry I'm not sure this post fits this list or not, but I'm looking
for person in charge of coming event information manager of plone.org

We, Plone Users Group Japan, will host the first Plone Educational
Symposium in Tokyo 2013 on Feb, 22nd. I've posted this event
information on plone.org a couple of days ago, but it doesn't show
up on the event list and I can't access my event info neither.

How do you post the users event information regularly on plone.org? Is
there any trick I should know?

Thank you.

--
:: Shigeo Honda
:: shigeo...@gmai.com

Érico Andrei

Jan 18, 2013, 6:47:45 AM1/18/13
to Shigeo Honda, evang...@lists.plone.org
Shigeo,

The event is published now and it is listed here
https://plone.org/events/community/

best,
Érico Andrei
On 1/18/13 6:18 AM, Shigeo Honda wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry I'm not sure this post fits this list or not, but I'm looking
> for person in charge of coming event information manager of plone.org
>
> We, Plone Users Group Japan, will host the first Plone Educational
> Symposium in Tokyo 2013 on Feb, 22nd. I've posted this event
> information on plone.org a couple of days ago, but it doesn't show
> up on the event list and I can't access my event info neither.
>
> How do you post the users event information regularly on plone.org? Is
> there any trick I should know?
>
> Thank you.

Shigeo Honda

Jan 18, 2013, 7:31:46 AM1/18/13
to evang...@lists.plone.org
Hi Érico

Thanks for publishing this information.

Cheers,
Shigeo Honda

2013年1月18日金曜日 Érico Andrei eri...@plone.org:

Shigeo,

    The event is published now and it is listed here
https://plone.org/events/community/

best,
Érico Andrei
On 1/18/13 6:18 AM, Shigeo Honda wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry I'm not sure this post fits this list or not, but I'm looking
> for person in charge of coming event information manager of plone.org
>
> We, Plone Users Group Japan, will host the first Plone Educational
> Symposium in Tokyo 2013 on Feb, 22nd.  I've posted this event
> information on plone.org   a couple of days ago, but it doesn't show
> up on the event list and I can't access my event info neither.
>
> How do you post the users event information regularly on plone.org? Is
> there any trick I should know?
>
> Thank you.

T. Kim Nguyen

Jan 18, 2013, 4:09:08 PM1/18/13
to Shigeo Honda, evang...@lists.plone.org
Hi - should that go into the events/regional folder since it's a Symposium?

It's exciting to hear of your event!

    Kim

Come to Plone Symposium Midwest, hosted at UW Oshkosh June 2-9, 2013!

For UW Oshkosh Plone help and site requests, please email plone...@lists.uwosh.edu or visit http://uwosh.edu/ploneprojects/help

Co-Chair, PloneEdu initiative for K-12 & higher education
http://ploneedu.org

Twitter: @tkimnguyen

Érico Andrei

Jan 18, 2013, 4:13:23 PM1/18/13
to T. Kim Nguyen, evang...@lists.plone.org
Good catch!

I think it would be wise to move there. Do you mind to take care of it?

best,
ea

Shigeo Honda

Jan 18, 2013, 11:00:09 PM1/18/13
to evang...@lists.plone.org
Hi

Yes, please move to Symposium folder.

Cheers,
Shigeo Honda

T. Kim Nguyen

Jan 19, 2013, 12:11:54 AM1/19/13
to Shigeo Honda, evang...@lists.plone.org
I've requested the necessary access to the events/community folder and will move your event to events/regional (where Symposia "live")

I just noticed too the separate event/sprints and event/training folders so if, as in the case of Plone Symposium Midwest 2013, you are running sprints or training, don't forget to create events in those subfolders too.

   Kim

Shigeo Honda

Jan 19, 2013, 3:52:56 AM1/19/13
to evang...@lists.plone.org
Hi,

I see. 'Plone Educational Symposium in Tokyo 2013' is one day
symposium and no training, sprint session. I hope we will be host
upgrade event in 2014 :-)

Shigeo Honda