[Evangelism] Plone vs "the others"

Greg O'Toole

Oct 25, 2012, 12:43:55 PM10/25/12
to plone-ev...@lists.plone.org
Armin, All,
I would be happy to help out with this. I'm giving a talk on this exact topic this winter in Tokyo and also need to freshen up the talking points. The university where the talk is being given has decided on Plone, but is new to Plone. (I'm on the plone.org list as well.)

Gregory O'Toole, M.A., Ph.D. (ABD)
Faculty, Instructor/Sr. Web Designer
College of Information Sciences & Technology
Adjunct Faculty, College of Arts & Architecture
The Pennsylvania State University

FW Message:

---
Lets create professional Whitepapers
==================================

How can we proceed to refine this topic into one whitepaper like
content for Plone.com called

"Plone vs. WP ? The Full Featured CMS Plone compared against
WordPress" a WhitePaper

(How does this title sound for native speakers?)

If someone is willing to step up to find the tenor of language we need
to put the finger into the wound without too much bashing? A
Whitepaper should cover arguments people need to internally promote
Plone in their organisation or to their customers after discovering
there is a safe alternate CMS!

If you think you can rewrite existing stuff like below for target
groups, please join the plone.com mailing list http://lists.plone.org/mailman/listinfo/plone-com
  and drop me a line to join the trello board for task sharing!

The same has to be done with the excellent Sharepoint feature
comparison.

Armin

T. Kim Nguyen

Oct 25, 2012, 1:03:52 PM10/25/12
to Greg O'Toole, plone-ev...@lists.plone.org
Greg - very cool that you're giving that talk! ...and that a new uni has decided on Plone. Which uni is it, and have they got a profile on PloneEdu.org yet?

    Kim

Plone Symposium Midwest will be hosted at UW Oshkosh June 2-9, 2013!

For UW Oshkosh Plone help and site requests, please email plone...@lists.uwosh.edu or visit http://uwosh.edu/ploneprojects/help

Co-Chair, PloneEdu initiative for K-12 & higher education
http://ploneedu.org

Twitter: @tkimnguyen

Armin Stroß-Radschinski

Oct 25, 2012, 2:02:07 PM10/25/12
to evang...@lists.plone.org
Hi Greg,
thanks for joining Trello.

There is a lot of mess in the Trello board. Hope the fog lightens as
soon as possible. I prepare a current wrapup and simplification of
task sharing. (Ken is right ;-)

Armin

Armin Carl Stroß-Radschinski, Dipl. Designer
acsr industrialdesign, Landgrafenstraße 32, 53842 Troisdorf, Germany

Telefon +49 (0) 22 41 / 94 69 94, FAX +49 (0) 22 41 / 94 69 96
eMail a.stross-r...@acsr.de - http://www.acsr.de
UST. ID Nr: DE154092803 (EU VAT ID)

Greg O'Toole