[Evangelism] call for talk proposals / Plone Symposium Midwest 2013 / June 2-9, 2013

1 view

T. Kim Nguyen

Jan 17, 2013, 2:31:24 PM1/17/13
to Evang...@lists.plone.org
Fellow Plone evangelists & proselytizers - this is the official launch of the Plone Symposium Midwest 2013 site!

Those of you looking for a brief rundown of reasons "why use Plone" *and* an event to send potential clients and users to will find a prominent "What is Plone?" page as well as a PLONE 101 day (June 4) as part of the program.

We are also calling on all of you who have done cool things with Plone to COME GIVE A TALK:

UW Oshkosh is continuing the format of the Plone Symposium East developed and refined by WebLion at Penn State:

- 3 days of great (and inexpensive!) training by the four C[h]ris's: Chris Calloway, Chrissy Wainwright, Cris Ewing, and Steve "Chris" McMahon, on June 2, 3, and 4

- 1 day of "PLONE 101", an introduction for newcomers to content management systems, Plone, and applications of Plone, on June 4

- 2 days of keynotes, talks, lightning talks, lunches, birds of a feather, on June 5 and 6

- 3 days of sprints, on June 7, 8, and 9

Oshkosh, Wisconsin is in the US Midwest, 3.5 hours north of Chicago by car, on the shore of Lake Winnebago, and is the home of the Experimental Aircraft Association with its annual Fly-In, of Oshkosh Corporation, and, yes, the old home of Osh Kosh B'Gosh clothing makers :)

Oshkosh (zip code 54901) is most easily reached via Appleton airport ("ATW"), with flights connecting through Milwaukee (MKE) Chicago O'Hare (ORD), Minneapolis (MSP), and Detroit (DTW).

UW Oshkosh is the home of one of the largest installations of Plone, for general purpose public sites, Intranets and custom Plone workflow applications.  We will use the lecture halls, classroom space, and lounges of our latest academic building and attendees will be able to stay in our brand new suite-style Horizon Village, Gruenhagen Conference Center, and the completely renovated Oshkosh Best Western hotel.

Our Plone team is really looking forward to hosting the best Plone Symposium yet :)

PLEASE SEND US YOUR TALK PROPOSALS AND SPREAD THE WORD!

    Kim

--

Come to Plone Symposium Midwest, hosted at UW Oshkosh June 2-9, 2013!

For UW Oshkosh Plone help and site requests, please email plone...@lists.uwosh.edu or visit http://uwosh.edu/ploneprojects/help

Co-Chair, PloneEdu initiative for K-12 & higher education
http://ploneedu.org

Twitter: @tkimnguyen

T. Kim Nguyen

Feb 18, 2013, 12:48:13 PM2/18/13
to Evang...@lists.plone.org
Hi everyone - just wanted to remind you that we need your talk proposals for Plone Symposium Midwest, which is coming up soon - this June 2-9!

We have two excellent keynote speakers scheduled, including our very own Liz Leddy; several great training classes to choose from, and sprints.

Especially of interest to you evangelists is our Plone 101 event, which is geared towards decision makers who would like to understand the benefits of using Plone. Please invite everyone you know who should learn more about Plone's capabilities and why their organization needs to consider using Plone!