[Evangelism] Google for non-profits

AnthonyG

Sep 25, 2012, 5:51:29 AM9/25/12
to evang...@lists.plone.org
Hi,

I was just wondering whether any thought had been given to making use of the
products Google offers to non profits. I believe plone foundation's
501(c)(3) status means that it can:

* get thousands of dollars of free adwords via Google grants
* have a completely free google apps account providing email / docs /
calendar etc products for the organisation
* Google Maps & Earth Outreach
* youtube for non profits

http://www.google.com/nonprofits/join/

The free adwords offer is especially attractive. Apologies if you're
already set-up.

Anthony

Steve McMahon

Sep 25, 2012, 11:38:26 AM9/25/12
to evang...@lists.plone.org
Hi Evangelism,

FYI, we already have a plone.org account for google apps for domains. That's how we're handling all @plone.org email.

Steve

Calvin Hendryx-Parker

Sep 25, 2012, 1:43:45 PM9/25/12
to plone-ev...@lists.plone.org
We also already have an adwords grant in place, but have never used it.
Would anyone like to step up to help put in place some campaigns?

On Tue Sep 25 11:38:26 2012, Steve McMahon wrote:
> Hi Evangelism,
>
> FYI, we already have a plone.org <http://plone.org> account for google
> apps for domains. That's how we're handling all @plone.org
> <http://plone.org> email.
>
> Steve
>
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:51 AM, AnthonyG <anthony...@gmail.com
> <mailto:anthony...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering whether any thought had been given to making
> use of the
> products Google offers to non profits. I believe plone foundation's
> 501(c)(3) status means that it can:
>
> * get thousands of dollars of free adwords via Google grants
> * have a completely free google apps account providing email / docs /
> calendar etc products for the organisation
> * Google Maps & Earth Outreach
> * youtube for non profits
>
> http://www.google.com/nonprofits/join/
>
> The free adwords offer is especially attractive. Apologies if you're
> already set-up.
>
> Anthony
>

> --

Six Feet Up, Inc. | Where sophisticated web projects thrive
Direct Line: +1 (317) 861-5948 x602
Email: cal...@sixfeetup.com
Try Plone 4 Today at: http://plone4demo.com

Mark A Corum

Sep 25, 2012, 2:16:16 PM9/25/12
to Calvin Hendryx-Parker, plone-ev...@lists.plone.org
The campaigns and keywords are actually in place - the problem was with getting the ads to start running.

So if we have any Adwords experts who could lend a hand it would be most appreciated.

Mark

Mark A Corum

Writer  |  User Interface Designer  |  Online Marketer  |  Certified ScrumMaster  |  Campaign Hack and Spinmeister

markcorum on AOL, Googletalk, Google Groups, MSN, Skype, Meebo, Facebook, Twitter and Yahoo

“No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.” - Voltaire

Anthony Gerrard

Sep 25, 2012, 2:29:23 PM9/25/12
to Mark A Corum, plone-ev...@lists.plone.org
I wouldn't call myself an expert but I do have some experience with
running Google grants adwords campaigns and don't mind taking a look.
I think you can grant access to my google account

anthony...@gmail.com

>>> Evang...@lists.plone.org <mailto:Evang...@lists.plone.org>

Anthony Gerrard

Sep 26, 2012, 2:50:25 AM9/26/12
to Mark A Corum, plone-ev...@lists.plone.org
I took a quick look following the grants account creation guide

http://support.google.com/nonprofits/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1689506&topic=1656725&ctx=topic

Everything looked OK on the account aside from the fact that one of the ad groups had a max bid of $2 (the limit on grants is $1)

Once the account is ready the guide says

please return to theGoogle for Nonprofits site and enter your information on the Google Grants Enrollment page.

Do you know if someone ever did that?

Anthony

Paul Roeland

Sep 26, 2012, 5:06:07 AM9/26/12
to plone-ev...@lists.plone.org
On 2012-09-26 08:50, Anthony Gerrard wrote:
> I took a quick look following the grants account creation guide
>
> http://support.google.com/nonprofits/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1689506&topic=1656725&ctx=topic
>
> Everything looked OK on the account aside from the fact that one of the
> ad groups had a max bid of $2 (the limit on grants is $1)
>
> Once the account is ready the guide says
>
> please return to theGoogle for Nonprofits
> <http://www.google.com/nonprofits/> site and enter your information on
> the Google Grants Enrollment page.
>
> Do you know if someone ever did that?
>
> Anthony

the Plone Foundation already has an account in place, it is run from the
account ads (at) plone.org

it is believed Limi holds that currently, should probably be switched
over to someone else.

Paul Roeland

Anthony Gerrard

Sep 26, 2012, 5:42:05 AM9/26/12
to Paul Roeland, plone-ev...@lists.plone.org
So that's a different account to the one Calvin gave me access to (id 326-852-5329)?

Is that account set-up with Google grants?

Ploner265

Sep 28, 2012, 3:33:28 PM9/28/12
to evang...@lists.plone.org
I've been using Adesnse for my 501(c)(3) for about a year now. The main key
to running a sucessful campaign is using longer key words and using the
google keyword tool to help you find them. This is especially important
since image ads aren't allowed under their terms. Keep an eye out for
keywords with less than 1 dollar per click since thats the program maximum.

https://adwords.google.com/o/KeywordTool

WoodlandHillsRecommends

Oct 24, 2012, 6:22:57 PM10/24/12
to evang...@lists.plone.org
/the grants account creation guide/

Don't know how I missed that before, and hopefully I'll find that "reading
the directions" helps us successfully launch a test campaign.