[Plone-developers] Plone at Europython

Matt Hamilton

Mar 16, 2012, 10:28:37 AM3/16/12
to plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi All,

The deadline for talks submission for Europython is this coming
Sunday (March 18th, 23:59:59 CET). Who here is planning on going to
Europython? Who here has submitted a talk? If you've not submitted
one, then please do so!

I am trying to get together a bit of a list of what talks will be
submitted so we don't end up submitting duplicates of similar
talks. So if you have submitted a talk, or are planning on submitting
one, please can you reply to this thread with the title of the
(planned) talk.

I am definitely submitting one talk:

Plone: The Preeminent Python CMS for Over a Decade
(Giving a brief history and then some more info on Plone for a python
developer's point of view. This will be in conjunction with a poster
being designed for the poster session by Mark Corum and the
marketing team)

I'm also contemplating another talk, unless someone else has already
submitted something similar or planning to:

Diazo: The Power of Python to Theme any Website.
(showing demo of Diazo to theme both Plone and other sites built on
other technologies, maybe a bit of fun with WSGI pipelines etc)

-Matt

Maurizio Delmonte

Mar 16, 2012, 6:42:16 PM3/16/12
to Matt Hamilton, plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hey Matt,

count to be there, pushing the Plone buzz :)
planning to send proposals for a couple of talks, for the *Italian* track:
one more generic, on Plone the "professional CMS", trying to show use cases where
we are using Plone profitably and happily, and a second one more specific on
how you can have content-centric MVC in Plone using browser views and a bit of "martian Grok" :)

best,
Maurizio

--

Maurizio Delmonte - [maurizio...@abstract.it]

Abstract Open Solutions [http://www.abstract.it] - Tel:  +39 081 06 08 213

Plone Open Garden [IT - http://goo.gl/a8y1w] [EN - http://goo.gl/ZbjTE]

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.it.html

Ai sensi del d.lgs. 196 del 30 giugno 2003, recante disposizioni per la tutela delle persone e di altri soggetti rispetto al trattamento dei dati personali, si precisa che questa email è inviata unicamente ai destinatari sopra esposti, con espressa diffida di leggerla, copiarla, diffonderla ed usarla senza autorizzazione. Se avete ricevuto questa email per errore, vi preghiamo di distruggerla immediatamente e contattarci tramite uno dei recapiti sopra indicati.

Matt Hamilton

Mar 19, 2012, 6:26:05 AM3/19/12
Matt Hamilton <matth@...> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> The deadline for talks submission for Europython is this coming
> Sunday (March 18th, 23:59:59 CET). Who here is planning on going to
> Europython? Who here has submitted a talk? If you've not submitted
> one, then please do so!

Just FYI, the call for proposals deadline has been extended until
Wednesday due to PyCon US people not having time to submit.

https://ep2012.europython.eu/call-for-proposals

So lets try and get a few more Plone talks submitted. This is a great
chance for us to try and promote Plone more to the wider python
developer community.

I've submitted two talks:

Plone: The Preeminent Python CMS for Over a Decade

Diazo: The Power of Python to Theme any Website

And Maurizio has submitted a couple of talks for the Italian track.

We need as many as possible as we want to make sure we show a
strong force this year at Europython.

Massimo Azzolini

Mar 19, 2012, 6:36:30 AM3/19/12
to Matt Hamilton, plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi All,

from RedTurtle, we submitted:
Plone and ecommerce: an integration success story
(speaker: Alessandro Pisa)

Érico Andrei

Mar 20, 2012, 9:26:25 AM3/20/12
to plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

    I've submitted two talks:

  • A Plone to call your own (About how to write site polices)
  • How Brazil is building a digital nation with open source and Python (About Brasil.gov.br and Interlegis)

Best,
Érico Andrei

Simone Orsi

Mar 20, 2012, 1:52:00 PM3/20/12
to Matt Hamilton, plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi Matt and all,

I've submitted a talk (1st ever! :) on a case-study:

"Evaluation: an advanced, Plone-based questionnaire evaluation system"

A powerful multilingual system for providing training courses' evaluation
questionnaires, built on top of Plone, SQLAlchemy and other cool python
libs.

Cheers,
SimO

Alessandro Pisa

Mar 20, 2012, 4:46:19 PM3/20/12
to Massimo Azzolini, plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net, Matt Hamilton
On 19 March 2012 11:36, Massimo Azzolini <massimo....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

from RedTurtle, we submitted:
Plone and ecommerce: an integration success story
(speaker: Alessandro Pisa)

Oh yes!
That's me :)

I will talk about How to use Plone as a glueing application to sell&serve financial data produced by heterogeneous applications developed by one of our customers.

Ciao
--
http://alepisa.blogspot.com
Esalando Prassi

Rok Garbas

Mar 21, 2012, 4:15:55 PM3/21/12
to Simone Orsi, Matt Hamilton, plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net
On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 18:52:00 +0100, Simone Orsi <sima...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt and all,
>
> I've submitted a talk (1st ever! :) on a case-study:
>
> "Evaluation: an advanced, Plone-based questionnaire evaluation system"
>
> A powerful multilingual system for providing training courses' evaluation
> questionnaires, built on top of Plone, SQLAlchemy and other cool python
> libs.

i've also submitted a talk: Deco - new layout editor in Plone.

see you there, rok

--
email sent from notmuch.vim plugin

Lennart Regebro

Mar 22, 2012, 4:33:26 AM3/22/12
to Rok Garbas, plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net, Matt Hamilton
I missed the deadline. :-) I might go anyway, we'll see.