[Plone-developers] Wrapping up 4.2

Eric Steele

Mar 14, 2012, 7:55:12 PM3/14/12
to Plone Developers List
I'm going to assume that 4.2 has been sufficiently tested by this point. Now's the time to shout out any last-minute blockers you've come across.

I'll nominate
- https://dev.plone.org/ticket/12465: inline editing breaks for rich text fields.
https://dev.plone.org/ticket/12058: missing discussion workflows (this is a 4.1+ issue, but it needs fixing)

Eric

Gaudenz Steinlin

Mar 15, 2012, 6:53:24 AM3/15/12
to Eric Steele, Plone Developers List

A fix for
- https://dev.plone.org/ticket/11174: Portal Members can't add portlets to their dashboard

would be nice too. While this is probably a 4.0+ issue it renders
portlets quite unusable too. Merging
https://github.com/plone/plone.app.upgrade/pull/1 is also required to
make the dashboard accessible by default on upgrades.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Timo Stollenwerk

Mar 15, 2012, 7:29:04 AM3/15/12
to plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net

This issue has been on my todo list way too long. I'll start to work on
it right away. We will need an upgrade step that makes sure
plone.app.discussion is properly installed if it hasn't been installed
before on a migrated Plone 4.0 instance.

Where do we want this upgrade step to happen? 4.1.4 => 4.1.5? Would we
need two upgrade steps (one for 4.1.x and one for 4.2)?

Cheers,
timo

Eric Steele

Mar 15, 2012, 9:01:20 AM3/15/12
to Timo Stollenwerk, plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net
On Thursday, March 15, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Timo Stollenwerk wrote:
Am 15.03.2012 00:55, schrieb Eric Steele:
I'm going to assume that 4.2 has been sufficiently tested by this point.
Now's the time to shout out any last-minute blockers you've come across.

I'll nominate
- https://dev.plone.org/ticket/12465: inline editing breaks for rich
text fields.
- https://dev.plone.org/ticket/12058: missing discussion workflows (this
is a 4.1+ issue, but it needs fixing)

This issue has been on my todo list way too long. I'll start to work on
it right away. We will need an upgrade step that makes sure
plone.app.discussion is properly installed if it hasn't been installed
before on a migrated Plone 4.0 instance.

Where do we want this upgrade step to happen? 4.1.4 => 4.1.5? Would we
need two upgrade steps (one for 4.1.x and one for 4.2)?

Cheers,
timo
Many thanks. Yes, I think we'll need a step for both 4.1 and 4.2.

Eric Steele

Mar 15, 2012, 9:19:11 AM3/15/12
to Plone Developers List
I'll also tack on
https://dev.plone.org/ticket/12784: New Collections should be installed by default on new sites

Should be an easy one, I just don't have the spare cycles for it.

Eric

Timo Stollenwerk

Mar 15, 2012, 3:19:55 PM3/15/12
to Eric Steele, plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net

I added an upgrade step for 4.1.4 -> 4.1.5 which is applied on a
4.0->4.2b2 migration as well:

https://github.com/plone/plone.app.upgrade/commit/e8ed7b7ea334533596f399a54e65bae5cf2accf3

Could somebody with more experience with those upgrade steps review my
commit and let me know if this is ok?

Vincent Fretin

Mar 17, 2012, 7:50:25 AM3/17/12
to plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net
Hi,

The new fields of the new collection are not internationalized.
Just try adding a new collection in a language that is 100% translated like French and please fix all i18n issues.
I attached a screenshot at https://dev.plone.org/ticket/12377
I consider any new non fully internationalized module as a blocker.

And is it normal we lost the keywords, author and state filters in advanced search?
I can't upgrade some of my customer projects if those filters are not there, this is a regression in functionalities.

Cheers
Vincent

Jean-Michel FRANCOIS

Mar 17, 2012, 12:56:46 PM3/17/12
to Vincent Fretin, plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net
I have the same issue with plone.app.search. I don't understand why these entries from the advanced search form has just been removed. They are used.

The plone.app.search plip: https://dev.plone.org/ticket/9352

Regards / Cordialement,
JeanMichel FRANCOIS

David Glick (GW)

Mar 17, 2012, 1:12:54 PM3/17/12
to Jean-Michel FRANCOIS, plone-de...@lists.sourceforge.net

On Mar 17, 2012, at 9:57 AM, "Jean-Michel FRANCOIS" <tou...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have the same issue with plone.app.search. I don't understand why these entries from the advanced search form has just been removed. They are used.

The plone.app.search plip: https://dev.plone.org/ticket/9352

There's a tradeoff between features and simplicity of the core UI. If we had to maintain 100% feature compatibility in each release we would never be able to make things easier to use.

If you really need the old UI, it should not be hard to extract it from an older Plone and install it as an addon product.

David Glick
Web Developer
david...@groundwire.org
206.286.1235x32

The NPO Engagement Party 2012. So much more fun than the wedding reception.