Reference DB empty

frani...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2014, 12:19:09 PM1/8/14
to plinkse...@googlegroups.com
I have downloaded reference databases from https://atgu.mgh.harvard.edu/plinkseq/resources.shtml, placed them in a folder and used --resources when creating my project to indicate where they are. However, it looks like plinkseq doesn't see my REFDB:

---Reference DB summary---

(empty)

although it sees the others, e.g.:

---Locus DB summary---

Group : refseq (33234 entries) n/a

---Sequence DB summary---

chr1:1..249250621 MB=249
chr2:1..243199373 MB=243

I really need it to see my reference DB; could you please help me with this?
Best,
Sanja

yiwey...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2014, 5:23:55 PM9/9/14
to plinkse...@googlegroups.com, frani...@gmail.com
I am having a similar problem.

To recap, this is what I did:

1) downloaded the refdb.dbsnp.gz file from the link on the Plinkseq site, unzipped it
2) pseq proj5 new-project --resources hg19
3) placed unzipped refdb.dbsnp file into the hg19 folder
4) pseq proj5 ref-load --vcf hg19/refdb.dbsnp --group dbsnp --refdb refdb

This gives the error message:
 pseq error : missing header in VCF? error at line:
SQLite format 3@  ??s

and my refdb is empty

Any insights? Thanks!

Yiwey

Victoria Fernandez

Nov 13, 2014, 7:24:36 AM11/13/14
to plinkse...@googlegroups.com, frani...@gmail.com
Hi, I ma having the very same problem... did you come up with any solution?

Thanks

Victoria

Priya Bhatt

Apr 13, 2016, 7:15:32 PM4/13/16
to plinkseq-users, frani...@gmail.com
I'm having the same problem.  Did you find a solution?

aditya sai

Sep 19, 2019, 9:23:23 PM9/19/19
to plinkseq-users
I had this same issue, you should specify the full path to the refdb and seqdb
for instance
pseq proj new-project --resources hg19/ --refdb hg19/refdb.dbsnp --seqdb hg19/seqdb.hg19