Link to specific or older version for version control

Pavlos Antoniou

May 12, 2022, 7:04:17 AM5/12/22
to plink2-users
Hi,
I am building a docker image that installs plink2 like this:

For version control we  would like to use a versioned or dated plink file instead of just the plink2_linux_x86_64.zip because we would not know if a user builds the image in a months time for instance if they will get a different version of plink2.
Are the older versions that were dated available somewhere and is there a way to access them so we have control of versioning?

Thank you,
Pavlos

Christopher Chang

May 12, 2022, 12:54:44 PM5/12/22
to plink2-users
Dated versions of plink 1.9 prebuilt binaries are available, but they aren't yet being provided for every single plink 2.0 build since it's still changing rather frequently (and it is always possible to checkout a commit from GitHub and build from source).  The plan is to start consistently providing dated plink 2.0 prebuilt binaries once --pmerge is essentially complete.

With that said, I am planning to post a permanent dated binary for the current plink 2.0 build this weekend.

Christopher Chang

May 15, 2022, 1:25:16 PM5/15/22
to plink2-users