plink in Galaxy

Alexis Dereeper

Aug 8, 2017, 11:15:40 AM8/8/17
to plink2-dev
Hi everyone,
I would like to integrate plink 1.9 into the Galaxy framework.
I created a package for plink but I need to indicate where the Galaxy install procedure can download the plink executable in order to install the plink wrapper, but it seems that the URL for download is not stable and change with the date of the latest release (ex: http://www.cog-genomics.org/static/bin/plink160804/plink_linux_x86_64.zip is not active anymore).
Is there a way to indicate a permanent URL for the automatic install of plink1.9 in Galaxy?
Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Alexis

Christopher Chang

Aug 8, 2017, 11:26:32 AM8/8/17
to plink2-dev

Alexis Dereeper

Aug 8, 2017, 11:30:10 AM8/8/17
to plink2-dev
Great thanks!

Lance Parsons

Oct 26, 2017, 10:27:50 AM10/26/17
to plink2-dev

Galaxy supports using conda packages for dependencies such as PLINK. I’d highly recommend using the BioConda package for PLINK when making a Galaxy wrapper.