ShowMyPlings - Developer Tool

David Carpenter

Jul 30, 2009, 6:16:55 AM7/30/09
to Plings Developer Support
For those of you working with the API's, particularly those of you
putting data in...

We recently had a request asking for the code that we use to list
Plings on various websites, as it can be a useful way to quickly scan
through data from the Output API, to see if the data you've sent is
looking ok.

So, on Monday, our Ben set to making a small app that might do some of
the things us developers might find useful.

The result is ShowMyPlings: http://www.plings.info/tools/showmyplings/

We think that if you have some familiarity with the API's then it
should be straight forward, but if you have questions about it, please
post them here.

In essence you can supply a Plings XML call to it, and it should
quickly list the activities for you. There are options to sort and
group the data, edit the URL you supplied, show and hide parts of the
data and so on.

The code is also available under an MIT Free Software licence if you
want to take it and build on it.

We've also added parts of this code and some other stuff to the wiki
under:
Developer Resources - http://www.plings.info/wiki/index.php/Developer_Resources
Code Snippets - http://www.plings.info/wiki/index.php/Code_Snippets

Feedback welcome!