Ideas

David Carpenter

Aug 6, 2009, 3:47:15 AM8/6/09
to Plings Developer Support
http://ideas.plings.info

This new site has been set up as a place for people to suggest their
ideas about what they would like to see happen with Plings. You can
vote on suggestions and track their progress all the way through to
implementation (if they get that far!)

We plan to publish our own 'in house' ideas here, partly as a way of
letting you know what we are working on. By having a public place for
this, it also allows others to build on those ideas, suggest their own
solutions, and possibly get involved in the 'core' work of the Plings
team at Substance.

Some of the ideas will be about what you can build around Plings data
and we hope this will be inspiration for people wishing to build their
own applications/widgets/services etc.

We won't possibly be able to implement all the ideas ourselves, but by
having them on the site, we hope that such ideas will get a 'second
chance' and be a repository for ideas/projects that other people might
want to do.

In the best of developer traditions, we're announcing this the day
before myself and Steven are both off for a couple of days(!) - so any
difficulties with the site on Friday or Monday, let us know on
Tuesday! Also, it's something we've been mean to do for a while, and
are rushing it a bit, in order to just get it out there, so let us
know if there are problems with the user experience.

For those that are interested, and if you're thinking it looks
familiar, it's just an implementation of the ideatorrent (http://
www.ideatorrent.org/ ) module for Drupal (http://drupal.org/ ). It's
used by Ubuntu (http://www.ubuntu.com/ ) as it's interface with the
public for development of the distro. - see http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/

Look forward to your comments suggestions and ideas!

Cheers
David